YouTube has become an essential aspect of our digital life, supplying us with an infinite supply of video entertainment. However, the annoying advertisements that appear during our favorite videos might ruin our viewing experience. If you’re tired of seeing advertisements while viewing YouTube on your Android TV, you’re in luck. We’ll show you how to disable YouTube ads on your Android TV so you can watch videos uninterrupted.
There are multiple ways available to stop or block YouTube ads on Android TV. Here are the most possible ways to block the ads on the world’s most popular video-watching platform.
1. Use a YouTube Ad Blocking App
Using a particular ad-blocking program is one of the simplest methods to block YouTube adverts on your Android TV. These programs function by detecting ad requests and blocking them from appearing on your screen. AdGuard for Android TV and Block This! are two well-known ad-blocking applications that may efficiently remove advertisements from your YouTube experience. Simply download the app from the Google Play Store, set the preferences, and enjoy ad-free streaming on your Android TV.
Here are the steps to install AdGuard on Android TV.
- Open the Google Play Store on your Android TV.
- Navigate to the search bar and type “AdGuard” using the on-screen keyboard.
- Select the “AdGuard” app from the search results.
- Click on the “Install” button to begin the installation process.
- Wait for the app to download and install on your Android TV. The progress will be displayed on the screen.
- Once the installation is complete, you can find the AdGuard app in your app list or on the home screen of your Android TV.
- Launch the AdGuard app by selecting it from the app list or pressing the “Open” button.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to configure AdGuard according to your preferences. You may need to grant certain permissions for the app to function correctly.
- After the initial setup, AdGuard will start blocking ads on your Android TV while you browse or stream YouTube and other apps.
2. Modify Your Hosts File
Another method to block YouTube ads on your Android TV is by modifying the hosts file. The hosts file is a system file that maps domain names to IP addresses. By adding specific entries to this file, you can redirect ad-related domains to non-existent or harmless IP addresses, effectively blocking the ads. To modify the hosts file, you’ll need a file manager app with root access. Once you locate the hosts file, add entries for the ad domains, save the file, and restart your Android TV. This method requires some technical know-how, so proceed with caution and create a backup of the hosts file before making any changes.
3. Utilize a Pi-hole
If you’re familiar with Raspberry Pi, you can set up a Pi-hole to block YouTube ads on your Android TV. A Pi-hole is a network-wide ad-blocking solution that works by acting as a DNS sinkhole. It filters out ad-serving domains at the network level, providing ad-free browsing across all devices connected to your network, including your Android TV.
These are the possible methods to block annoying adverts on YouTube. Let me know which method worked for you to block the ads on your Android TV.