If you don’t have a quality microphone on your computer or laptop, your iPhone can help you. It can replace your microphone and deliver superior sound quality with the iPhone microphone. The advanced noise cancellation of the iPhone can deliver the best ever quality audio clips than any of your PC or Laptop microphones. If your microphone got damaged or you don’t even have one, don’t go for an external device that cost something. If you own an iPhone and a 3.5mm AUX cable, the things are far easy.
To do this, you need an app called Megaphone that let you connect your iPhone as the microphone of your computer. It operates by integrating to the windows as a physical device. So, to use your iPhone as a microphone, you have to follow some simple steps given below.
Its better to use your iPhone as a microphone of your computer better than buying an external microphone that costs something.
Steps To Use Your iPhone As Computer Microphone
- First of all, download and install the Megaphone app from the app store. You could either go for a free version or an advanced pro version with some more features added.
- After installation, launch the app.
- You can change the sensitivity of the microphone using the volume buttons of the iPhone.
- Now, connect your computer and iPhone using the AUX cable to make a physical connection between them. Though the computer will recognise it as an external microphone.
- Now, Right-click on the Sound icon on the taskbar and choose Playback Devices.
- Navigate to the Recording section in the sound window.
- Now, talk something with your iPhone and make sure that the bar indicated next to the Microphone showing the levels.
- If not, click on the newly displayed device and click Properties button.
- In the displayed window, make sure that the device enabled.
- That’s it. Now you will be using your iPhone as the microphone of your PC. You could use it for any kind of your needs like voice calling, recording, and anything that is possible with a normal microphone.
I think, now you got the answer for your question How To Use iPhone As Computer Microphone. With the simple steps given above, you will be able to seamlessly increase the productivity of your iPhone by making it a microphone.