If you ever wanted to Recover lost contacts in your android smartphone, here is a guide for you. Remember that this method will only work if you have connected your google account with your smartphone. Most probably, for those who using Google Play services, don’t have to worry as it needs to connect your google account to the smartphone.
Gmail has a feature that will automatically store your contacts to your account for helping you in such situations when you need your deleted contacts to be restored. It is a very useful feature from the service. So, let’s look in to the steps for getting back lost contacts.
Steps to Recover Lost Contacts in Android Smartphone
- Login to your Gmail account.
- On the top-left side of the screen, you should see a drop-down menu namely Gmail.
- Click on that and select Contacts from the drop-down.
- Under the More section on the left panel click on Restore Contacts option. Now you will see a pop up like below.
- Here you can select the specific period from when you want to recover your contacts. You can select upto 30 days for the contact recovery.
- After selecting the time period, click on the Restore button and your contacts will be restored.
- After doing this, you have to sync the data on your smartphone. For this, Go to Settings > Accounts > Sync.
- Now, you will see the deleted contacts has been restored to your smartphone.
We hope this helped you to get deleted contacts restored in your smartphone. If you didn’t connect your smartphone to the Google account, it will be good to do that from now. For this, you can refer to our article on How to Create a Gmail Account. If you have further questions, leave a comment, and we will get back to you as soon as possible.