Do you want to learn how to convert your PDF files to Excel documents? If yes, then read on. This step by step guide will show how to save yourself the stress of re-entering data into Microsoft Excel spreadsheets. You can also check out how to convert JPG to PDF and PDF to Word.
Convert PDF to Excel Using Adobe Acrobat DC Pro Software
This Adobe software which comes with a 30-day free trial is an easy way to convert your PDF file tables into Excel documents.
- Download and install the software from Adobe.
- Launch the software and open the PDF file you’d like to convert to Excel.
- Navigate to Export PDF in the right pane > choose Spreadsheets as the export format > select Microsoft Excel Workbook > and Export.
- Enter a name for the file and Click Save.
Convert Using Text to Columns Feature in Excel
This method of conversion depends on the type of data contained in the PDF file. It might be a little bit tedious, but it’s worth trying out.
- Using the Adobe Acrobat software, open the PDF file to be converted and navigate to the File menu.
- Select Save As Other > Text.
- Enter a name for the file and Click Save, and it will be saved as a text file.
- Find the file on your computer and open it. As a text file, it may open in Notepad. Highlight all and copy.
- Open a new or blank Excel spreadsheet > right click on the first cell A1 > Paste. Make sure what you pasted is still selected.
- Navigate to the Data tab > Text to Columns under Data Group Tools > Select Delimited under Original type > Next.
- Mark the box labeled “Space” and unmark other boxes under the delimiters heading, then Click Next.
- Select any column in the Data Preview display > select Text under Column data format heading (Repeat this step for all columns visible in the Data preview display)
- Select Finish.
While these aforementioned steps may be confusing, using the next ones below won’t.
Converting Using Online PDF converters
Quick and easy to use, these online converters come in handy when you’re on the go.
- Visit FreePDFConvert website. Click on select File > select the PDF file you’d like to convert to word > Open > Convert > and Download. You can only convert one PDF file to Excel every 20 minutes using this online converter except you sign up and purchase a membership plan.
- Visit SmallPDF website. Click Choose file > Select the PDF you’d like to convert > Open > and Download file. You can send the converted files to your Google Drive or Dropbox accounts by simply clicking on their respective icons on that page.
- Visit PDFTables website. Click Select a PDF to convert Now > Choose PDF on your computer and click Open > Check the preview of the converted file > Click Download as Excel to get your document. That’s all.
This is all what you have to do to convert PDF to Excel. You might also want to check out how to convert PNG to PDF.