Tired of seeing unwanted Websites again and again in search results? You can easily block an unwanted website in Google search results. In this article, we will show how to block a website from Google search results.
In Google Chrome, a simple extension is there called Personal Blocklist (by Google). Previously Google offered a feature to their search results page that let you block any search result after viewing the page. But this service is discontinued by Google. So, Personal Blocklist (by Google) easily blocks domains/hosts from appearing in your Google search results.
To block unwanted websites from Google Search Results follow these steps
- Open Google Chrome and launch Chrome Web Store.
- Search extension by typing “Personal Blocklist” without quotes in-store search bar.
- Install the extension.
- Open Google and type the desired word to search.
- When you see a site that you want to block, just click on “Block domain.com” right from your Google results.
- Personal Blocklist (by Google) immediately removes from your search results. You’ll also see a message at the bottom of your search results letting you know that “some results were removed by the Personal Blocklist Chrome extension.”
- You can click on the browser icon to view all blocked items.
- You can also edit domains that are blocked this lets you change the domain you’re blocking to a sub-domain.
Now, Google will no longer display the results from the chosen domain or subdomain that you added. This method is very useful in case you frequently search for something and find a spammy or unwanted domain irritating you by providing some fake results. This domain filter will make your web browsing even better and help you to leverage the most accurate results only.
We hope this article helped you in blocking unwanted websites in Google Search results. Please do share your comments and views in the comment box below.