Facebook had recently introduced a video autoplay feature to make it easier to stream the videos and to watch the videos without tapping each time on the play button. Facebook says it is to help the users to get a clearer understanding of the content from videos, we don’t think so. It may be helpful to one who has an unlimited internet access, but not to the normal data pack users. Those auto-playing videos grab most of the data left in our plan, and the data just steams out of the phone. So, this is a big feature in the Facebook side but not in the user side. Facebook introduced a new video autoplay feature and we introduced an article on How to disable videos from automatically playing on Facebook because we know you really need it.
If you are driven to insane with the irritating autoplay feature, we are here to help you. In this complete guide on How to disable videos from automatically playing on facebook, we are gonna give you some methods to disable those auto-playing videos and giving you some extra data to browse. We are not really giving you some data, but we are saving data. Follow the simple steps given below to disable data eating videos.
- How To Delete Your Facebook Account
- How To Download Facebook Photo Albums
- Remove Facebook Ads In Google Chrome With Facebook Adblock
How to Disable Videos from Automatically Playing on Facebook website – Step by step Guide
- Login to your Facebook account.
- Click on the Down arrow at the top right of the window.
- Scroll down to the Settings and click on it.
- Click on the Video tab at the bottom left of the settings window to open the video setting tab.
- There you can see a section called the “Auto-play videos“.
- Simply change the default mode to the off to block the videos from auto-playing on facebook
Hurray. Now, You got freedom from those auto-playing videos from the facebook website. Now, what about the app? Yes, we should fix it to save some more of our data. Carefully follow the steps given below to stop the auto-play feature in the Facebook app.
How to Disable Videos from Automatically Playing on Facebook APP – Step by step Guide
- Open the Facebook app on your smartphone.
- Tap on the three horizontal lines icon at the bottom of the screen.
- Scroll down to app settings.
- Select the videos tab.
- Tap the auto-play section on the video settings screen.
- Then, Chose ‘Never play videos automatically.‘
Note: On the auto-play screen, you can see many settings that may be helpful to you. If you are using the wifi network in home and you want to save the mobile data, you can choose the wifi only mode to activate autoplay only on the wifi network. There is also another feature called Smart auto-play which simultaneously uses the better option.
Now, check the auto-play again while browsing the facebook. And we saved some of you data. So don’t forget to thank us through the comments. You may also leave your doubts and questions there.