With Reliance Jio and other 4G booming feats, we are stepping into the future with speedy bytes of data. It’s not the same old GPRS boredom days. In past, there was never a need for monitoring and tabbing the network speed but now tables are turned over. If you are ignorant about your speed your pretty much a barbarian.
How To Test Internet Speed?
I know. It sounds silly to write a piece of a paragraph on this but speed testing is not ‘Tapping on Begin Test’ and tab your speeds. First, you need to know the ethics which most people miss. So, here’s a checklist you need to follow before you start testing your speed.
- Ensure that you are at least 2 m near your router if your testing Wifi connection. When I say 2 meters it doesn’t mean you test your mobile through a closet. Avoid any walls and signal blockades.
- If your router is connected to more than one device then disconnect the other devices for precise results.
- And… Pause those Torrentz for a moment. I know you are desperate about your downloads but just rest it off.
- Mobile Data Users must turn off their friend requested hotspots and Share it/Mini Militia stuff.
- Clear All the Applications from the Recent Tray before you start your test.
If you have ever tested a network speed on the chrome tabs of your personal computer, chances are you might have encountered Ookla’s Speedtest service. Well, now it has got a hold on the mobile platform in the renovating itself as an App here. The App is fully functional but it inherits the same old user interface in this material design world. Really, Ookla? Change is inevident. Hope we see a newer material version popping up soon on Play Store.
This speed testing app is Speedtest.net’s healer. The developer has put up both the functionality as well as the User Interface as top priority. It can test speed for your mobile cellular connections including WiFi hotspot, LTE, 4G, 3G networks. With just one tap, it will test internet speed through thousands of servers worldwide and show accurate broadband speed test results within 30 seconds. If you want to have tabs on the streaming Rio Olympics then this is a must-have app of the season.
Below are the features this App offers
- Test speed of Download, Upload, and Ping.
- Real-time graphs show broadband connection consistency.
- Save the past results of Internet speed test automatically.
- Boost your phone and improve the efficiency of the high-speed net.
- Share your test results with friends easily.
- Floating Widget
- Notification Bar Stats
3. Open Signal
- Signal compass points you in the direction your signal is coming from
- Speed test for download, upload and latency
- Map and radar view of cell towers and Wifi routers
- Coverage maps allow you see the best/worst places for 2G, 3G and 4G
- See local cell towers
- Free and ad-free
As it speaks for itself, simple. The simplest and minimalistic Speed testing app on the Playstore. The App takes the advantages of colors to show the variance between the results. Unlike other speed testing apps, Simple Speed Test allows users to export the results. If you are a network tester and often keep a record of your speed then this is it! Your job simplified.
- Simple to understand Internet Speed Test illustrations.
- Colored results for maximum clarity.
- No unnecessary permissions.
- Run Speed Tests for your cellular Network on 3g, 4g, LTE connections to improve your coverage.
- Test the Download and Upload Speed and Ping of WiFi Hotspots on dsl, adsl, cable connections.
- Worldwide high-speed data server network for reliable results
- Keep track of your internet speed tests in your personal result history. This includes download and upload speed, ping, signal strength, network name, internal and external IP and the test date.
- Compare your different 3g, 4g, LTE cell speed tests. Study the reliability of your broadband dsl, adsl, cable connections over time.
5. 4G Mark
The Pity app of the list. Looks awesome, has wonderful speed marking graphs and heavily featured but alas fails at accurate results. The results are marked on the wrong server. And its a nightmare to see your 20Mbps connection just showing 1 Mbps at its test. Hence, 4 Mark scored the least marks in our top 5 list. I hope developer fix the results and precision in coming updates. Until then don’t mark yourself on this if you want accurate results.
Still didn’t get the promised Internet Speed? It’s time you make some calls and hurl sweet words on your ISP provider. Ensure you test your network thrice before concluding the results. Usually,
Do let us know if you have any queries? And Don’t forget to share and comment on this post.