You probably heard that Twitter has increased its tweet limit from 140 characters to 280 characters. But wait a minute before throwing out a party. It is only available for the selected Twitter accounts, or in other words, it is still in the beta version. Which means, most of the users will not be able to enjoy sending long tweets and still have to satisfy with the current character limit.
Luckily, there is a way which you can start using this feature even before Twitter makes it available for everyone. In this article, we are going to look at the steps to post tweets with 280 characters. Have a look.
How to post tweets with 280 characters on Twitter?
- Download the Tempermonkey Extension for your browser.
- It will be automatically installed once the download completes. If asked for any permissions, provide it.
- After the extension installed successfully, go to this Github link and click on the Raw button.
- Now, a new screen will open up. There, click on the “Install” button to install the script.
- That’s it, you can now login to your Twitter account and start tweeting without the 140 character limit.
Now, you have successfully posted your first 280 character tweet on Twitter. It is the time to celebrate. Twitter is still testing this nice feature with some of their users and expected to make it live in the coming days. From our personal opinion, this was a much-needed feature. Several times when we had to type a long sentence to express our thoughts or opinions on Twitter, it wasn’t possible with the character limit.
If Twitter doubles the limit, it is a great news for the Twitter users out there.