It is said that one picture is equivalent to a thousand words. The impact that video clips have on people is truly amazing. In case you want to further your business or your brand then the best way is to make a video and upload it on to the social media sites and then you will be amazed by the manner in which it will grow. In fact, there are many editing software which will help you import any formats. Over here we have selected 10 Best Video Editing software for windows which will help you to transform your video into a masterpiece.
Adobe Premiere Pro CC is popular among professionals. It has a customizable interface and an array of stackable video as well as audio filters; it supports most of the file formats, VR video and has transition effects which improve the quality of the videos. It has the capability of opening multiple projects simultaneously. Though this software is a paid one it is worth paying for.
- Compatible with most of the file formats
- Multi-platform program
- Colour grading of high quality
Windows Movie maker is a free video editing software for windows. You can make amazing personal videos by the easy drag and drop tool. It has a whole lot of features like adding titles-credits, video effects, timeline narration, transitions, auto movie, and audio track.
- User-friendly interface
- Totally free and meets most of the basic editing requirements.
- The timeline interface makes the editing real fun.
- Supports most of the input and out formats like WMV, AVI, ASF, WM, DVR-MS, MPG, M1V, MPEG, MP2, MPE, MP2V, MPV2.
Wondershare Filmora9 is popular among the beginners because of its simplicity and easy to use interface. It helps you to create videos which are stylish and elegant. It has amazing color correction and audio editing tools which are powerful and versatile. Trimming, splitting, cutting and cropping of videos can be done with just a few clicks. It enhances your audio with the aid of audio equalizer, background noise deletion and keyframing.
- Compatible with file formats like AVI, MKV, MP4, AVCHD, etc.
- Amazing video effects like animated titles, transitions, motion elements, and free music.
- Editing can be done with ease through real-time rendering.
VideoPad video editor is again a cross-platform video editor software which is apt for beginners. Its intuitive interface proves to be a boon to the newbies. Customization of the videos becomes very easy with this editor to drag and drop tool, nearly 50 transition effects, various speed adjustments, and sound effects.
- Free video editor
- Record narrations
- Adjust video speed for slow/fast
- Supports most of the file formats.
VirtualDub is an open source software for Windows. The intuitive interface will help you to delete files, add files, real-time rendering, reordering videos, cropping, trimming and rotating videos with ease. The beginners might find this software a little daunting at times.
- Super-resolution technique helps in resizing the videos
- It permits you to process multiple files simultaneously.
- Video capturing facility is available, so while editing you need not import your files.
Pinnacle VideoSpin is popular among both professionals as well as beginners. Its user-friendly interface caters to all types of video editing. The features which add to its charm are photo slideshows, text overlays, deleting unwanted scenes, 2D transitions and numerous video effects.
- This software is compatible with most of the commonly used file formats.
- Timeline of this program is so well equipped that the editing task can be carried out with ease.
Though Sony Vegas Movie Studio is a paid software it gives you a free trial version. Sony Vegas Movie Studio is a powerhouse of features that takes editing of videos to a totally different realm; you can say that it has a solution for all your problems. It has video stabilization, simple to use interface, real-time rendering, transition and sound effects.
- Specialized editing tools for specific tasks.
- Functions at a fast rate with interactive storyboards.
- Adds spice to your videos with effects, credit rolls, titles, scrolling, music and many more.
Corel VideoStudio has all the features of the top-notch video editors like the intuitive interface, transition effects, soundtracks, 4K support, and 360-degree virtual reality. It also permits you to track objects while editing, this enables you to blur out a certain face or adorn a character with a funny mustache and so on. The only drawback of Corel VideoStudio is its speed. It is not a free software.
- The motion tracking system is truly impressive
- Supports all the popular file formats.
Blender is an open source, totally free software which was initially fashioned for the purpose of 3D animations but it works as a very effective video editor. Blender is equipped with most of the features that are required to enhance your video editing. Apart from basic actions such as video slicing and cuts it also performs composite tasks such as video masking. Thus this is considered quite popular among both pros as well as learners.
- Chroma vectorscope, Live preview, histogram displays, and luma waveform.
- It has 32 slots for adding audio, video, effects and images.
- Scrubbing, audio mixing, waveform synchronization and syncing.
- Adjustment layers, filters, transitions, speed control, keyframes and many more.
PowerDirector is a powerful video editor which is packed with amazing features. In fact, its free version is more than useful for most of the video editors. Its multitrack timeline, slow motion, transitions, sound effects and much more help in crafting videos of amazing quality.
- Video trimming is of very high precision.
- Multicam support
- It supports a wide range of file formats.
With the help of above video editors for Windows, you will be able to make changes, add effects to your videos or for that matter any media files and create a piece of art and share it with your friends, family or upload to your favorite social media.