Google Chrome is a very popular browser. It has many advanced features which are exclusive to the Chrome users. Sometimes unexpectedly Google starts crashing when we try to open. Usually, we get “Google Chrome has stopped working” and asks to close the program. It is an annoying situation when we try to browse something important urgently.
Usually the only option available to resolve this issue to closing the program and launch again. It is a normal process to recover Chrome from the error. There are many solutions available to fix the “Google Chrome stopped working” error. So, here are the possible fixes for the error.
The basic method for fixing the error is installing a fresh copy of Google Chrome on your machine. Uninstall the Chrome and clean the registry entries with CCleaner app.
Now download a fresh copy of Google Chrome latest build on your PC or Mac.
These are the different builds of Google Chrome. Each build comes with unique features. The stable version will come with the latest implemented Chrome flags and whereas the Beta comes with under testing features.
Make sure to clean the PC with CCleaner to remove old Google Chrome traces from the computer. This will help you to install the fresh copy of Google Chrome without any errors and you will get nice user experience.
Method 2 involves a few technical steps and you don’t need to worry to perform them. Here we were given detailed and clear steps to fix the Chrome error issue.
- For Windows users: Navigate to this location C:/Users/Your_Username/AppData/Local/GoogleChrome/User/Data/Default. Here you will see a file called “Preferences”, right click on it and delete it.
- For Mac users: Navigate to this location Users/Your_Username/Library/Application Support/Google/Chrome/Default. Now delete the file “Preferences” from the list.
Sometimes restting Google Chrome to the starting point can solve the error. To reset the Google Chrome follow the below steps.
- Open Google Chrome and click on the right side corner Hamburger menu and click on settings.
- Now scroll down and tap on “Show advanced settings”.
- Here click on reset option to reset the Google Chrome to the initial stage.
These are the best working methods to resolve “Google Chrome has stopped working error”. If you have any method to solve this issue, please mention in the comment box below.