Google Meet is a great video conferencing app and a strong contender to the Zoom. Technical errors are most common in apps and Google Meet also has some unwanted errors. The most common one is Camera is off error in the Google Meet. It is quite frustrating when you start a video session and suddenly this error appears.
However, there are some solutions available to fix Google Meet Camera is off error. These are the fixes you need to follow to fix the issue.
1. Change Windows 10 Camera Settings
Changing the camera settings in Windows 10 can fix the error. Let’s see how it works below.
- Click the Windows + I keys together on the keyboard to open the Windows Settings.
- Now locate the option called Privacy and click on it.
- In the App Permissions section the left side panel, click on the Camera.
- Now, in the right side section, you will see an option called Allow access to the camera on this device. Here, if you see the text Camera access for this device is off, then click on the Change button to enable access to the service.
2. Change Google Chrome Settings
Changing the Google Chrome browser settings will help you to solve the error if you are using the Google Meet in the Google Chrome browser.
- Open Google Chrome web browser and click on the three dots icon at the top right corner of the page.
- Click on the Settings option.
- In the Google Chrome Search box, type in camera.
- Scroll down and you will see Site settings option and click on it.
- Now, you will find Permissions and click on the Camera section to open the Camera settings.
- Now you must make sure the toggle button corresponding to the option Ask before accessing (recommended) is turned ON. If it is not turned on, enable it by toggling the option.
- You will see a separate section Block which is under the Ask before accessing (recommended). Here all the web applications listed which are denied permission to use your system camera.
- Now check if there is an entry called https://meet.google.com:443 in this block list. If it is listed then click on the arrow button next to it and choose the option Allow from the drop-down menu associated with it.
- Once you list out the https://meet.google.com:443 from the blocked list, it will appear in the allowed services list and the camera will start work in the Google Meet sessions.
These are the best practices to fix the Google Meet ‘Camera is Off’ error. Let us know which method is worked for you in the comment section below.