How to make google doc available offline: This article is about making online Google doc to offline access.
Google doc is a document creating service which works under the Google Drive cloud service. This service lets you create documents online and it saves automatically in the cloud. Google Docs has three types of document support which are a document, spreadsheet, presentation, form, and drawing.
The doc is just like Microsoft Word and you can create and edit documents online. The best part of the service is online sharing. You can share the doc with anyone online with a simple link.
The best part of Google Doc is offline viewing and editing. This feature lets you view and edit documents like a regular Microsoft Office type viewing and editing. In this article, we will learn how to access Google Docs in offline mode. This tutorial is a step-by-step guide with detailed screenshots to understand the process better.
How to make Google Doc available offline (Desktop)
- First, open the Google Chrome and go to this URL: drive.google.com/drive/settings
- It opens the Google Drive Settings directly and here you will see a checkbox unchecked saying “Create, open and edit your recent Google Docs, Sheets, and Slides files on this device while offline“.
- Now tick the checkbox to activate the option.
- Once you activate the option, Google Drive lets you edit the Documents in the offline mode.
- After finishing the above steps, now reload each document in Google Drive that you want to edit offline.
- Once you do this step, you will see the documents stored in the local Google Drive folder.
- You can edit the documents as many as times you want in offline mode.
If you are editing the documents in offline mode, you can’t see the latest edits in the other device which is connected to the same Google account. Once you connect the device to the Internet, all the offline editings will upload to Google Drive and you can access them on all connected devices.
The above steps are work for making Google Docs offline for Desktop. The below steps are for the mobile version which is works in both Android and iOS.
How to make Google Doc available offline (Mobile)
- Open your Google Drive app on your Android or iOS device.
- Open the document you want to edit offline and here you will see a “More” option at the hamburger menu available at the top of the screen.
- Here, tap on the “Make Available Offline” option.
- Once your device is offline, you can open the doc from the Google Drive app and edit in the offline mode.
In this way, you can access Google docs offline on mobile devices. Let us know your valuable feedback in the comment box below.