Privacy became the most important thing these days. I always suggest Mozilla Firefox over the Google Chrome browser. It has fantastic privacy-related options which let us control privacy and security settings without any hassle.
It is becoming more common that many browsers are tracking and collecting user information without their consent. It is advisable to control your browser settings in your hand with the help of built-in options and advanced privacy settings.
In browsers, one of the concerning point you need to take care about is browsing history. Chrome has an option called auto-delete your browsing history data when you log-off your computer. Which is a good option to keep your Chrome browser more secure by keeping the history clean. The Google Chrome much polished the history auto-delete option and it also able to clean collected information as well.
Mozilla Firefox is missing the auto-delete history option and if you want this feature on Firefox, you must rely on third-party options to set automatic deletion of browsing history.
Luckily, we have great add-on support where users can control over the browsing history and they can set timers to delete them automatically. Meet, History Cleaner add-on which is free and open-source and very easy to use. The best part of the History Cleaner is it only deletes browsing history and it untouch the other parts like cookies and other data.
How to set-up History Cleaner?
- Open Mozilla Firefox on your machine and install History Cleaner add-on from Firefox add-on store.
- After installing the addon, type “about:addons” into the Firefox URL bar and hit enter.
- It will open the Firefox addon Settings page.
- In the installed addons list select the “History Cleaner”.
- Click the “Options” tab.
- Here, type in the number of days you want to keep your browsing history. For example, if you want to your Firefox history deleted every 3 days, set the value to 3.
- After setting the timer, close the page.
- Once you finish the above steps, you are all set. Based on your entered value(no of days), the History Cleaner will automatically delete the browsing history from Firefox browser.
That’s it. Let us know your feedback in the comment section below.