‘Congratulations You Won‘ is a type of virus which appears on the Android smartphone. If you are receiving these types of messages, your device might be infected with the virus.
Congratulations You Won and You are today’s lucky visitor virus reasons
It is not a surprising or fun thing when you receive these messages. Your device is infected with malware and even your personal information compromised. Nowadays it became plenty of caution before going to visit a website. The rise of these scams is increased in years as the number of smartphone growth s exponentially increased.
The moment you receive the “Congratulations you won” type of messages, you are targeted by the malware and you will receive popups, fake reward programs on your device continuously.
Once you click on the popup, you will be redirected to a webpage which is designed by scammers. In the first look, it looks legit and it will ask to share with your social media profiles. Once you spread the word on social media, it will try to collect their details as well.
These type of malware are entering on your device when you visit an untrusted downloading website on your Android browser. They will trick you with various coloured download buttons and it is difficult to find the correct download button. Once you click on the scamming download button you are identified by the scammer and they collect your information like location, region, IP address and many more.
How to find your browser hijacked or not?
In these types of malware reactions, your browser will infect first and it will act a questionable way. The infected Android browser will show unwanted popups, asks to click on links, replaces your homepage to another promoting webpage, changes search engine and asks to install unwanted Android cleaning apps etc.
How to get rid of congratulations you won scamming on Android phone?
These simple steps will help you to protect your Android device against scammers from spreading malware and targeting stuff.
- Never visit untrusted websites on your Android. The fishy websites don’t use an SSL certificate and you will see an untrusted notification in the URL bar.
- Do not download apps from third-party websites. These sites upload apk files with their tracking and malware-infected code into the app. When you install them on your device, it will start acting suspicious and collects user information.
- Don’t always enable Bluetooth and never share the connection with unknown people.
- Regularly update the firmware whenever the company release the software updates.
- Check the apps which are asking permissions to access contacts and other personal data.
- Always use a good Antivirus app on your Android.
Steps to Remove Congratulations You Won on Android?
It is advisable to scan manually and remove the scam software.
- Open Settings on your Android and head to apps.
- Here, in the Downloads remove “Congratulations you won” file.
- Now clear the browser data and cookies from the device.
- Once you clear the browser data and cookies, now restart your device.
Alternatively, you can take help of Antivirus and malware removal tools to remove the viruses from your device. They will scan for the spammy files on your Android system and lets you know which one is creating the trouble and lets you remove it completely.
That’s it. Now you have successfully removed the Congratulations you won virus from your Android device. Let us know your valuable feedback in the comment box below.