There are many reasons to know the IP address of a network printer. Whether you want to add one more printer to the network or adding new devices like Mac, Android or iOS to print from the network printers.
Or in some cases, it is useful to solve the technical errors usually caused in the pool of network printers.
In this article, we are going to show the ways to find the IP address of a network printer.
1. Using Physical Printer Buttons
It is the easiest and convenient way to find the IP address of a network printer. Every modern printer comes with an option of “Printer Diagnostics Page” to check the ink levels, print errors etc. Luckily, it also shows the Network address, Wi-Fi status and TCP/IP upon request.
Press the “I” button the printer and navigate to your networking option and look for the“Network address,” “TCP/IP” or “Wi-Fi status” and give print command.
The print out will come with the details of ink levels status, error report along with the network details.
2. Using Printer Properties
Another best way to find the IP address of a network printer is by using the printer properties. It is a pretty simple process when you are using the printer in Windows 10.
Follow the below steps now the printer IP address in Windows 10.
- Click on the start button and type “printers”. Here you will see the “Printers & Scanners” option, click on it.
- Click on the printer you want to know the IP address and then click “Manage -> Printer properties -> Ports” tab.
- Here, find your printer and look over the column on the left to see on which port it is connected.
3. Using a router to find Printer IP Address
Many people are using WiFi router to spread the network across their devices. If you are using a router for a network printer, then you can check the IP address of the printer in the router network page.
- Log in to the router on a web browser by entering the default IP address of the router and log into by entering username and password.
- Here you will see a list of connected devices to your router.
In the devices list, you will see the printer name, MAC address and IP address.
- Copy the IP address for further use.
These are the best ways to find the IP address of a network printer. If your printer is not visible in the connected devices list, then troubleshoot the printer offline issues.
Let us know your valuable feedback in the comm