It is known that there are ways in which you can record audio on platforms such as Windows, macOS, Android as well as iOS. However, it might happen that we are browsing on the internet and there is a need to record audio and since we are in Chrome, we want to record audio there and then itself instead of looking for recording audio on Windows or macOS.
Now, you will be pleased to know that it is possible to record audio from a Google Chrome tab and it is fairly simple as well. The simplest way to record audio from any Google Chrome tab is with a solution called Chrome Audio Capture. This is not a browser feature but you will need to download this free extension from the Chrome Web Store.
This is a simple and free extension and there is also no need to panic about audio re-routing, input/output devices, drivers and all such things. The audio can be recorded and saved by this extension in formats such as MP3 and WAV format.
So let’s get started with recording audio directly from a Chrome tab.
How To Record Audio From A Google Chrome Tab
- First of all, you need to download the Chrome extension named Chrome Audio Capture available from the Chrome Web Store.
- Once the extension is downloaded and installed on your Chrome browser, you will see a record button inside your browser.
- Clicking on it will show you a button named “Start Capture” which will start capturing the audio from your browser.
- If you want to start recording audio from a tab, you can start the capturing a few seconds earlier so that the recording can start without any loss of audio and there might be delays as well.
- After the audio has been recorded, click on the extension icon to “Save capture” button and the recording will be saved.
That’s all for now. Please leave your feedback in the comment section below.