Staying safe online is not an easy task. Every year we are seeing the increase in hack attacks on individual and business accounts. Luckily, 2-factor authentication came into the limelight by making our online accounts more secured.
As you know Google is offering more number of IoT services than any company to the normal users. It was one of the first companies to introduce 2-factor authentication to its services. The service requires a secondary device to help when you log-in into a Google service. The secondary device can be a smartphone or authentication key etc.
2-Factor Authentication is a process which creates an extra set of authentication required when you are accessing a service. In this article, you will know how to turn on Google two factor authentication.
How to Turn on Google Two Factor Authentication
- Open the browser on your computer and go to https://www.google.com/landing/2step/
- Select Get Started.
- A new page opens and here, click on Get Started again.
- Now log in to your Google account.
- Here, enter your phone number.
- Choose whether to receive codes via text messages or phone call, then select Next.
- It will take some time to arrive text message or phone call on your smartphone.
- After receiving the code, enter it into the browser.
- Select Turn On to activate 2-step verification across your Google Account.
How to Turn off Google Two Factor Authentication
We don’t recommend turning off 2-Factor Authentication to our audience. If you feel it is unnecessary for your accounts, you can remove or turn off two-factor authentication using the below steps.
- Open your browser and go to https://myaccount.google.com
- Here, select Security.
- Now, scroll down to 2-Step Verification, then select On.
- Log into your account.
- Select Turn Off.
- Select Turn Off to disable Google 2-step verification on your account.
That’s it. Now you can successfully enable and disable 2-Factor authentication on Google using the above tutorial. What do you think about the secondary security to your Google account? Let us know your opinions in the comment section below.