We all have attended meetings and conferences, and even in lectures, it’s a common courtesy to raise your hand before speaking or asking a question. In the era of video conferencing, it hasn’t changed. If you use Zoom for online meetings and lectures, then it comes with a feature where you can raise your hand to speak. It’s also a great way to get the attention of the meeting host or if you have an issue that needs to be resolved.
Using this feature is quite easy. When you raise your hand on Zoom, it will put a small hand icon in front of your name. By this, the meeting host, and other users will see that icon and in return, you might get your doubts or queries cleared during a Zoom meeting.
How to use Raise Hand in Zoom on macOS, and Windows.
As the User interface for Zoom on both macOS and Windows is similar, the steps to raise hand feature in Zoom are also the same. It’s quite simple and doesn’t require any extra effort.
- Open the Zoom app on your Desktop and log in.
- Now during the meeting, click on Participants from the bottom menu bar, it may hide, but you can bring it back by moving the mouse pointer.
- After that, on the right side of the screen, you will see a list of all the participants.
- Click on the button that says Raise hand in the bottom right corner of the participant’s tab.
Now you will see a small hand icon in front of your name. You can again press on the Lower hand button to keep your hand down.
Alternatively, you can press Alt + Y on windows and Option + Y on Mac to Raise or Lower hand while you are in a Zoom meeting.
A blue-coloured hand will be displayed to the meeting host when someone uses the “Raise hand” feature. Also, do keep in mind that as a host, it is not possible for you to raise your hand.
How to use Raise Hand in Zoom on iOS, and Android
Similar to the desktop version, this feature is not available for the meeting hosts. Follow the below steps to raise your hand on Android and iOS. As it packs the same user interface in both versions, the steps are identical.
- Open Zoom app and log in to your account.
- Now, while in a Zoom meeting, press on “Raise hand” on the bottom left corner of the screen.
- It will change the text to Lower hand. You can press on it to lower your hand.
Do note that, Raise hand feature on Zoom will work only if the meeting host has enabled the feature while setting up the Zoom meeting. Due to some security reason on Zoom, your host might have disabled it and in that case, you can either use group chat or personal chat feature.
There can be too much nuance if everyone starts communicating their thoughts and queries at once in a zoom meeting. Make sure to raise your hand before you speak to maintain meeting harmony and productivity. Do share your thoughts on Zoom Raise hand feature in the comments section below.