Zoom is the best video calling app amongst the other alternatives such as Skype, Google Hangouts, etc. It became very popular in a short span of time due to its impressive performance and reliability. In our previous article, we discussed how to create a Zoom account on desktop and mobile platforms. Now, in this article, we discuss how to use Zoom to make video calls on both desktop and mobile platforms.
Zoom for desktop
After signing up for the service on your computers, you will have to download the client to host a meeting. Here are the detailed steps to make a video call on the desktop.
Zoom is available in various forms for desktop users. It is available for both Windows and Mac as dedicated clients and as well as extensions for browsers.
- Download and install Zoom on your computer from the official website.
- Now create a Zoom account if you don’t have one. Or directly sign-in to the account if you have one.
- After log-into the account, you will see several options to start a new chat.
- New meeting: It will let you start a meeting immediately. After opening a new meeting window, you can invite the other members to join the meeting.
- Join: It lets you join a meeting arranged by someone. You can instantly join a meeting already in progress by entering a meeting ID.
- Schedule: This option lets you schedule a meeting in advance. Also, it has the ability to create a waiting room for the people who wish to join.
- Share screen: Share screen option allows people to share their computer screen with the other member who is in the meeting. It is useful to share docs and PowerPoint presentations in the meeting room.
Zoom on mobile
On the mobile devices also the steps are similar as given above for desktop usage. Download the app on your mobile and log-into your account. After log-in you will see the options like New meeting, join, schedule, and share screen options.
Zoom is a pretty useful video conferencing app for everyone. During the Coronavirus pandemic, Zoom became much popular with its simplicity and reliable features.
Let us know your valuable feedback in the comment section below.