It’s easy to schedule a Zoom meeting in advance to plan your remote work calendar. You can organize on the spot meetings as well as schedule one and send invites to the clients or anyone else so they can free up their time slot. You can do this via Desktop app, website and even on iOS and Android devices. Zoom also has its own Scheduler extension that allows you to create meetings from Outlook or Google calendar.
Schedule Zoom Meeting on Desktop, Mobile and Outlook / Google Calendar
It’s possible to host individual as well as team meetings. As everyone is working remotely from their comfort, it’s more productive to let participants know of the meeting in advance. In this segment, we are going to show you how to do it correctly. We have also mentioned some critical Zoom Safety features that you must look for while scheduling a meeting. So let’s get started.
Schedule Zoom Meeting on Windows, macOS, Linux and Website
First, please download and install the Zoom app for Desktop if you haven’t done it already. It’s equally important that you keep it updated. Scheduling procedure is quite similar on both Desktop and website.
- For Desktop based applications when you start Zoom and Sign-in, there will be an option of Schedule with a calendar icon. Click on that and a Schedule Meeting Dialog Box will appear.
- Similarly for Website, after you Sign-in, there will be a white striped bar on the top menu and in the right-hand section there will be an option that says ‘SCHEDULE A MEETING’. Click that and a Scheduling form will appear.
The process from here is similar for both Desktop and Website. You can choose the topic of your Zoom Meeting, select Date & timings of the meeting.
- Choose appropriate duration, and there’s also an option to select the time zone as per your or the participant’s location.
- Recurring meetings won’t let you choose any specific date and time as it keeps repeating again and again. Usually, the meeting ID for such events expires after 365 days.
- After that, you can choose a unique meeting id or go with your personal ID.
- Passwords can be customised, or you can keep it unchanged as per your requirement.
- Then there’s audio and video options at the start for hosts, You can choose to keep it on or off as per your situation.
- Calendar option is available while scheduling for a Desktop based Zoom app. It will basically add a meeting to your calendar of choice after you click on the Schedule button.
- For websites, you get a calendar option after scheduling your Zoom Meeting.
- There are advanced options available in the Desktop app and the same options are there on the website under Meeting options.
- They are basic security features that allow you to have more control over the Zoom meetings.
- Here, you can allow them to join before host, mute everyone upon entry and even record your meetings.
- After you are done filling all the information, hit the Schedule button and Zoom will pop-up a Dialogue box on the Desktop app with meeting information which you can copy and forward to your participants.
- On the website, you get a new screen with all the meeting information which you can share with your colleagues or participants.
Schedule Meeting on Zoom with Android and iOS
On both mobile platforms, zoom offers a similar interface and functionalities. Hence, the steps are identical and relatively straightforward. There are no extra or hidden steps included like zoom screen sharing for iOS.
- Download and install the Zoom app if you haven’t already and sign-in.
- Now, Tap on the Meet & Chat section on the bottom left.
- Press Schedule option on the top menu.
- Fill all the necessary details such as meeting date, time, duration, ID, password and other options as you see fit.
- After you are done with filling all the necessary details, click on Done.
- You will have a new screen with all the meeting details. You can further share this with the attendees.
Schedule Meeting on Zoom with Outlook and Google Calendar
Zoom recently introduced a new plugin for Outlook and a chrome extension for Google Calendar. Installation procedures are quite simple for Google Calendar while in outlook, there’s an extra step involved. In this section, we will cover both ways, and then you can choose the one that aligns with your tech stack, i.e scheduling and mailing apps like Outlook or Gmail.
Schedule Meeting on Zoom with Outlook Plugin
- Install Zoom for Outlook plugin from Microsoft store.
- After that open Outlook web Calendar, now click on new for adding a new calendar event.
- Add all the meeting details such as title, location and you can even include a guest list as emails of participants. It’s not necessary, and you can continue with or without it.
- On the menu bar, click on the three dots and select Zoom. A prompt will appear and fill the Zoom account credentials (username and password).
- Now from the Zoom tab, click on Add a Zoom meeting.
All the Zoom settings that you have changed and if not then default settings will be applied on the meeting you create via Zoom for Outlook plugin.
Schedule Meeting on Zoom with Google Calendar in Chrome / Firefox extension
- Both extensions for Chrome and Firefox work in a similar manner. Install the respective extension as per your browser.
- Click on the Zoom extension and sign-in with your ID and Password. You can also log in with google.
- Now click on ‘Schedule Meeting’. Now you will be redirected to Google Calendar web page.
- At first, it will ask you for a passcode for the meeting which you can either keep the default or change it.
- Edit the Title, Date, and timings for the meeting.
- Furthermore, you can even add participant emails in the Guest section. It will automatically send them an invite after you are done scheduling.
- Apart from all the standard functionalities, you get to choose notifications where it will remind you of the meeting via email, calendar notification before a certain period of the meeting. Same notifications will go to all the guests that you invite. By default, there are three notifications. You can alter it or add new ones.
- Finally, you can edit the invite message and add any more information.
- At last, click on the Save button on the top and your meeting will be scheduled.
Zoom Meeting has become a new companion of many small to enterprise-level businesses. With increasing remote work opportunities, it’s quintessential to create work schedules and plan your days accordingly. Schedule Zoom Meeting to level up your productivity. Do let us know in the comments section below if you face any trouble while setting up your Zoom meetings,