In some emergency cases, clipboard history will be a lifesaver. For example, if you forgot what you copied in the previous copy-paste cycle, the clipboard manager lets you view the copy and paste action.
Before the clipboard feature is introduced in Windows, people rely on the third-party apps to view the clipboard history on Windows.
A clipboard manager lets you watch the list of keyboard actions of copy and paste commands on your computer. When a new copy and paste command performs, the old one is overwritten by the new action.
There are plenty of clipboard manager apps are available for Windows 10. These are popular apps with additional functionality.
In this article, you will know how to view clipboard history on Windows 10 without using a third-party app.
If you want to use built-in clipboard manager in Windows 10 you need to update you Windows to Windows 10 October 2018 update.
Steps to activate Clipboard manager on Windows 10
First, you need to check whether the Windows 10 October 2018 update is installed on your computer or not.
- Open run box by clicking Win+R keys on your keyboard and type
winverand check the Windows version should be above 1809.
If your Windows is above 1809 version, you can proceed to the next step.
- Open the Settings app and go to the System group of settings. Select the Clipboard tab, and turn on clipboard history.
This step will enable the clipboard management on your Windows 10 without the help of a third-party clipboard manager.
How To View Clipboard History On Windows 10
After following the above steps, now it is the time to check the clipboard history. To view the clipboard history on Windows 10 click the below keys on the keyboard.
- To view your clipboard history, click Windows logo key +V.
After performing the above action on your keyboard, a small panel will appear on your screen. This little box will show all the list of items including images, items, and text that you copied to clipboard.
Windows 10 Clipboard manager tricks
- To sync clipboard items on your Computer: Select Start -> Settings -> System -> Clipboard. Choose On under Sync across devices.
- To clear clipboard history: Start > Settings > System > Clipboard > Clear clipboard data > Clear.
Let us know your valuable feedback in the comment section below.