Are you trying to reset your brand new PS5 to default factory settings? If yes, this article will help you to reset the PS5 factory settings and this tutorial work for both PS5 Standard and Digital editions.
How to Factory Reset PS5?
If you are facing errors on PS5 while downloading or installing games, the reset option will resolve all the technical errors you are facing on the PS5. It is not advised to all the errors, it is suitable only for errors such as download queue error.
A hard reset on PS5 will completely erase the data and settings present on the console. Here are the steps to reset PS5.
- On the Homepage, navigate to the “Settings”
- Here, select “System”.
- Now, select “System Software”
- Select “Reset Options”.
- Now, select “Reset Your Console”.
- Select “Reset”.
- After this step, now your PS5 will restart.
How to Reset PS5 in Safe Mode?
Safe mode is another way to solve the technical issues which are causing boot errors. By using these steps, you can reset your PS5 in safe mode.
- First, press the Power button on the console to turn it off.
- Now, press and hold the Power button (approximatley 10 sec) until you hear a second beep. Now you will see a set of options on the screen.
- Now, connect PS5 controller to the console and press the PS button.
- Here, select Reset PS5 from the safe mode menu. Wait for the console to restart as normal.
- After restart, the console will comes to the factory default settings and you can set the device from scratch.
Hard reset will resolve many technical errors facing on PS5. Before you performa a factory reset, you are advised to back up your data to cloud storage. For cloud save you will need PlayStation Plus account which automatically save all your game data to cloud. After the factory reset, you just need to download and install the games again and you can start the game where you left.