It is a known fact that Amazon is the largest eCommerce platform in the world right now. It has been dominating the market for decades. Amazon’s global market is currently operating in more than 200+ countries and territories.
Amazon-owned Amazon Prime is also one of the leading OTT platforms on the internet. So, it is possible that you already have an Amazon account and you’re using it.
Let us say you have changed your mind to switch to an alternative platform or you are just not using it anymore and you want to delete your account on Amazon. Then this tutorial is for you on how to delete an Amazon Account.
A Tutorial on Amazon Account
Why do we have to delete our account when we are not using it?
Our primary concern would be privacy. In the beginning, when we set up our new accounts on such eCommerce platforms we give away a lot of personal information such as bank details, location history, and many more things which we can’t even remember. All of our order histories will also get stored in those accounts.
The more we keep our personal data online the more there will be chances for it to get leaked or stolen by the dark web. That is the reason why smart people often delete their unused accounts on the internet.
So, whatever the reason might be if you’re thinking about how to delete an Amazon account then follow the steps given below;
But the one thing you have to remember before deleting your account is that the account that you delete is never going to be restored, Neither you can do it nor the Amazon customer support can.
How to Delete an Amazon Account:
By now you’ve decided to close the Amazon account, follow the steps given below to send the closure request to Amazon:
- Log in to your Amazon account first.
- Click on the hamburger or All menu on the left side of the screen.
- Scroll down and find Your Account. Click on it.
- Again scroll down the following page and go to Data and Privacy section.
- Click on the option, Close Your Amazon Account link.
- On the Close Your Amazon Account page please read all the information carefully.
- It alerts you about the consequences of the account closure on all the other Amazon services like Amazon Prime, Amazon Kindle, AWS, Amazon Seller Central, Amazon Flex, Amazon Pay, etc.
- Click on the check mark box beside the account closure declaration.
- Now, select the Close My Account option.
- You’ll receive a confirmation email to the linked email address.
- Open the email to confirm the account deletion procedure.
In case you want to delete your Amazon account just for a change of country, then you can follow these steps below :
- Click on the Menu in the top left corner of the Amazon website.
- Now, select the option, Your Account below the Help & Settings section.
- Next, click on Manage content and devices.
- Select Preferences.
- Under Country Settings, click on Change.
- Enter your address and then select Update.
- If the new country you updated is eligible for the Amazon online purchases, you’ll see an onscreen instruction set.
- Choose the suitable option from that to complete the procedure.
So yeah it is done and dusted now. You have two things to keep in mind before you proceed to delete your Amazon account.