Google Assistant is a wonderful service. You may use voice commands to organize meetings and purchase tickets for flights. Additionally, it listens in on your regular discussions by doing this.
Some people want Google Assistant turned off since they think this is not cool for privacy. Here are the finest strategies to try if you belong to that category as well.
How to turn off Google Assistant on Smart Speakers
Google’s smart speakers, like Nest Mini, Nest Audio, Nest Hub, etc., include robust microphones that can pick up voices from any location in the room. Thus, even if you don’t want the Google Assistant to function, certain keyphrases, such as “Google,” “YouTube,” etc., can activate these gadgets as long as they are plugged in.
You cannot disable Google Assistant services on your Google smart speakers because Google designed these products as hardware based on Google Assistant. You can only turn off their microphones so the equipment won’t be able to hear you. The device’s on/off switch for the microphone can be found at the bottom or on the device’s back.
How to turn off Google Assistant on Android Phones
To turn off Google Assistant on Android smartphones:
- After starting the Google app, tap on your profile image.
- Tap the Settings (gear symbol) when you see it.
- Choose Google Assistant from the Settings menu at this point.
- You can find the General option by scrolling down. Click General.
- Next to the Google Assistant choice, there is a radio button.
- To turn the service off, turn it to the left.
- A notification will show up. Press Turn Off once again to save the adjustments.
You could also try the following alternatives:
- Launch the smartphone’s Settings program.
- Apps and notifications can be tapped.
- Select Advanced by scrolling down and tapping on it.
- You can locate the Default applications button inside this menu. Then select Default applications.
- Select voice input and assist.
- On the Google app icon, tap once.
- Close the Settings app after choosing the None option.
On your Android smartphone, you can try any of the available techniques to disable Google Assistant.
How to turn off Google Assistant on Chromebooks
If the Google Chromebook launches Google Assistant while using Google Meet, taking business calls on Skype, or watching a movie, it may be really frustrating. Try any of the following strategies to get rid of this annoyance:
- Enter “Settings” into the device’s Search app.
- Pick the appearing gear wheel icon.
- By selecting the device’s clock, you may also access the Settings app.
- Look in the Settings app for Search and Assistant.
- Open Search and Assistant, then select Off from the Hey Google voice activation option.
The “Hey Google” voice command does not activate Google Assistant. However, the virtual assistant might still activate on its own. Therefore, the following is how to permanently deactivate the service:
- Visit the Settings app once again.
- The left-side navigation panel contains the Search and Assistant buttons. Just click it.
- The On button is located next to the Google Assistant word.
- To completely deactivate the helper feature, slide the radio button to the left.
To prevent Google from overhearing your private talks at work or at home, turn off Google Assistant. But by using the Internet Protocol, or IP address, that the service provider has allocated to you, you are revealing a tonne of personal information online.