Redmi has become a brand independent of Xiaomi, thanks to the excellent sales of smartphones in this series, which reached 278 million at the end of September 2018. Here then comes the first model of the new course, called Redmi Note 7, whose business card shows a large screen with drop notch, 48 megapixel for the main camera, a lot of battery, and a very, very aggressive price.
Xiaomi Redmi Note 7 Technical Features
- Screen : 6.3 “full HD + (1.080 x 2.340 pixels, 19.5: 9), contrast 1.500: 1, brightness 450 nit, 84% NTSC Color Gamut, Corning Gorilla Glass 5
- CPU: Qualcomm Snapdragon 660 octa-core with GPU Adreno 512
- RAM: 3/4/6 GB LPDDR4x
- Internal memory: 32/64 GB expandable (with microSD up to 256 GB)
- Rear camera : 48 megapixel, ISOCELL Bright GM1, f / 1.8, PDAF, EIS + 5 megapixel
- Front camera: 13 megapixel
- Connectivity : hybrid dual SIM (nano + nano / microSD), dual 4G LTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 ac (2.4 / 5GHz) Bluetooth 5, GPS + GLONASS, USB Type-C, audio jack, infrared
- Dimensions : 159.21 x 75.21 x 8.1 mm
- Weight: 186 grams
- Battery: 4,000 mAh with Quick Charge 4
- OS: Android 9 Pie with MIUI 10
The 48 MP main sensor uses Tetra cell technology to combine 4 pixels in 1, thus creating a 1.6 μm “Superpixel“. This greatly increases the amount of light captured, at the expense of the resolution, which drops to 12 MP. This is combined with the optimization provided by the AI, which goes from electronic stabilization to scene detection, and AI portrait for “Incredible” close-ups. Redmi Note 7 does not neglect the aesthetics, with a gradient glass back, on which there is also the fingerprint reader. And how not to consider the drop notch in the front, which gives it a very modern look.
Price & Availability
Xiaomi Redmi Note 7 will be available in China from January 15 in the colors Black, Blue and Purple, priced at 999 yuan ( $145 ) for the 3/32 GB version, 1,199 yuan ( $172 ) for the 4/64 GB and 1,399 yuan ( $207 ) for 6/64 GB. In the spring will also arrive Redmi Note 7 Pro with a Sony IMX586 sensor and other “higher” specifications.
Xiaomi not yet announced its launch in India, but even now it has separated from Xiaomi, the Redmi brand will continue to have an international vocation. Right now, we can only welcome it with open arms.