Ashampoo launched its brand new Anti-Virus 2014. It is a decent Anti-Virus software for windows users. It securely scans and deletes the viruses, Trojans, malware and other spyware from your computer. It acts like a bodyguard to your PC from internet threats.
First thing you may notice in the main user interface is very clean and contains four main tabs.
- Signature Update
When you click on Analyse tab it shows the list of virus removal tools.
- Full system scan: Scans all system areas and all folders on local hard disks.
- Quick Scan: Scans important system areas and system folders.
- Removable drives: Scans external media such as flash drives.
- User-defined: Select the folders to scan and system areas yourself.
The next tab in the main Dashboard is Signature Update. When you click on the Signature update tab it looks for the latest update files downloads and installs them.
Quarantine displays the list of detected infections with action to perform like quarantine or delete.
The last tab in main Dashboard is Tools. In the tools section, you’ll find File Wiper, ADS Scanner, Internet Cleaner, StartUp Tuner, LSP Viewer and Hosts File Checker.
- File Wiper: File Wiper simply destroys the files you want to vanish from your computer. The process is irreversible, and the destroyed files cannot be retrieved back. You can choose folders and files to destroy,the options in the File Wiper shows the deletion methods like Fast, Default, DoD 5220.22M and Gutmann Method.
- ADS Scanner: ADS(Alternate Data Streams) Scanner show the ADS streams on NTFS-formatted drives.
- Internet Cleaner: Internet Cleaner simply cleans the Files in the Browser- Cache,Cookies, History or other objects found. It supports all famous browsers installed on the computer. It took less than one minute to complete scan of my browsers. In the options menu, you can customize the settings for browsers individually.
- StartUp Tuner: StartUp Tuner displays all the programs listed in your system StartUp menu. It shows the program impact on the system with a rating system. You can simply uncheck the program to disable from the StartUp menu.
- LSP Viewer: Layered Service Provider (LSP) is a feature of the Microsoft Windows Winsock 2 Service Provider Interface. LSP Viewer in the Ashampoo Anti-Virus shows the list of available LSPs installed in your system.
- Host File Checker: The last one in the Tools menu is Host File Checker. It displays all the host files in the system. You can replace the file by clicking on Replace with original file tab.
Ashampoo has partnered with us to give away two full Ashampoo Anti-Virus 2014 licenses for two lucky readers of thetechhacker. To win the license like us on Facebook and simply tweet about the giveaway in twitter and enter your tweet button details in the below comment box.
The giveaway begins now and will end on 10th October, the winner will be informed via email.