Microsoft Edge has been rolling out on the news for a long time. Microsoft is still on the developement of the product and adding features one by one with each update. However the fact is very open that the browser has many disabilities including lack of many features such as extensions, bookmark sync, cross-platform support, etc… Having some excellent browsers like Google chrome and Mozilla firefox puts it apart. If you are one of those kind who doesn’t need the edge anymore, this article on “How to block the edge browser in Windows 10 using edge blocker“might help you.
Edge blocker is a tool that can save a ton of time by automating the disable process of the microsoft edge browser. The built-in windows feature will be disabled by the software upon the user actions. Follow the simple steps given in this article to disable edge browser in windows 10.
Note: Some of the users reported that the Edge blocker makes some conflicts with the OneDrive. If you are not using OneDrive, you could head into the steps without fear. But, if you are a user of OneDrive, think twice. The software can be uninstalled anytime in future. So, no permanent problems are there.
Steps to Block the Edge Browser in Windows 10 Using Edge Blocker
- Download Edge Blocker from their website.
- Extract the file to somewhere in your computer.
- Right click on the file and select “Run as administrator” option from the context menu.
- If you get a message that says “Windows protected your PC”, click on the “More Info” option.
- Then, click on the “Run anyway” button.
- Now, the program can successfully execute in your computer.
- The program screen will look like below imageNote: The blue coolor means the Edge blocker is not enabled and the red color indicates the edge blocker is running and the edge browser is disabled in your windows 10. You could use the buttons to “Block” or “Unblock” the browser anytime.
- Click on the “Block” button to block the Edge browser.
- That’s it. All done and the edge browser will no longer run on your OS till you unblock it.
The Edge blocker will help you to block the edge browser in windows 10. But, there is no way to disable it permanently. So, you could either block it or use another browser for browsing. If you have any other ideas, feel free to share with us through your comments. We are always happy to see your comments there.