There are several situations when you need to reset app preferences in your Android smartphone. If you got an error like the “process com.google.process.gapps has stopped”, or any other android errors when trying to access particular applications, the app preference reset is a good solution which is suggested by many pros. So, in this article, I am gonna show you the steps for resetting the app preferences in your Android devices. It’s very easy to follow, and you don’t have to be an expert to do that. Let’s have a look.
Steps to Reset App Preferences in Android
- Go to the Settings of your smartphone (Most commonly, can be accessed from the slide down screen.)
- Now tap on the Apps option to open the apps list.
- Navigate to the All section in the apps list to view all apps on your smartphone.
- Now, tap on the Hamburger like icon (The three dots). If you don’t know, below is a screenshot of the same.
- Then, tap on Reset app preferences option.
- Now a confirmation screen asking ‘Reset app preferences?‘ will pop up.
- Tap on Reset Apps button and it will reset your preferences to the default.
Note: Resetting the app preferences will not hurt your app data or progress. It will only reset the preferences that you have made changes recently.
Now, you have successfully done what you are looking for. Many app related errors can be solved using this method because it is one of the most basic and safe method to diagnose the issues. If you ever got an error in your apps or if the apps are crashing frequently, you should try resetting your app preferences. If the problem still exists, you may also try clearing the cache and then clearing the data.
If you need further assistance or if you have any other questions, you can comment in the following comment area. We will reply as soon as possible.