IP address is the unique identification id for each device connected to a network. You may face several situations where you need to know your IP address immediately. If you realise that some of your neighbours stealing your internet by stealing your password. You need to change the password immediately. To do that, you must have the IP address of your router that need to be entered to the browser window. If you don’t have the IP in your hand. We can help you to find IP address of the router. Follow us throughout the various methods to find out the IP address of your router.
1. How to Find IP Address of the Router On Windows
There are several methods to find out your IP address on the windows Operating system. Being the most popular and widely used OS in the world, windows must be given the most importance. Thus, we listed the several methods to find your IP address from your windows operating system. Carefully follow the steps below to find out your IP address quickly.
To know your IP address
- Open the ‘Run’ window by Going to Start > Run or by simply pressing Win+R keys together.
- Now, Enter the following command in the Run box.
cmd /k ipconfig
The dotted numbers you see under default gateway is your IP address.
To know the IP address of a specific Website
- Open the ‘Run’ again.
- Type the traceroute command as shown below:
cmd /k tracert www.thetechhacker.com
There you can find the IP address of the desired website. (thetechhacker.com will be replaced by the website your want to find out the IP address.
2. How to Find IP Address of the Router On Windows without CMD
You can get your IP address even without using the CMD. To do this:
- Open the “Network and Sharing Center” By right-clicking on the Network icon on the Right corner of the Taskbar.
- Go to “Change Adapter Settings” option on the left sidebar.
- There you will find the Active Ethernet or Wireless adapter.
- Click on the “Status“.
- Now, it will show a window like below.
- Click on the “Details” button and it will show you all the details regarding your connection including your IP address.
Note: If you are using an Ethernet adapter instead of a wireless connection. Repeat the same steps by right clicking on the Ethernet adapter Button from the “Change adapter settings” window.
3. How to Find IP Address of the Router On MAC
If you are using a Mac, the process to determine the router’s IP address is slightly different. Open the Terminal app and run the following command:
Note the value of “default gateway” – that’s the address of your router.
If nothing works, you might have to reset the router to factory defaults and this will change its IP address back to 192.168.1.1
4. How to Find IP Address of the Router Without Command On MAC
To find your IP address on MAC without using the commands, follow the simple steps given below.
- Open Apple menu.
- Click on “System Preferences” Option.
- Once you are on the System Preferences window, Click on the “Network” icon under the “Internet & Wireless” Section.
- Now, you will be given a window with several ports.
- Choose the Connected port of your device.
- Now you can see your IP address under a label namely “Status”.
Note: The active connection will be notified by a Green round button and it shows a label “Connected” and inactive connections will be labelled “Not Connected” and with a Red round button.
5. How to Find IP Address of the Router using Google
Why depend other applications or difficult methods while we having the Google. Google can help you easily find out your IP address with some simple steps. To do this:
1. Go to Google.com website
2. In the search box type any of the following
- My IP
- IP Address
- Find My IP Address
- What is my IP
3. You can type anything related to your IP, which makes sense. Google is intelligent enough to find out your intention and give you IP address as shown below
This is the easiest way to find your IP address. Your IP address may change after reconnecting your internet. So, you need to check again if you need your IP again