Once you deleted your WhatsApp account, you lost it forever right? Wait. Time to rethink. Actually, you can still restore or reactivate WhatsApp account and continue your conversations with friends and start sending topics on the groups. But all will be possible only either if you have a backup of your deleted WhatsApp account or you just deleted your account which means within the past 30 days or less. If any of these conditions are true, you could easily get back to the messaging world inside the WhatsApp without sweating much.
In this article, we are going to guide you through the complete process to successfully reactivate your WhatsApp account and restore all your lost data and messages. Carefully follow the below-given steps in order to successfully complete the process.
To Reactivate WhatsApp Account
- Reinstall WhatsApp from the play store.
- After installing, open WhatsApp.
- Enter your mobile number and details.
- It will ask you that if you want to restore the previous backup (Most probably it might be created in the last seven days).
- If you want to restore that backup, just tap on “Restore’ button and the process will start downloading the backup from the WhatsApp servers. For larger backups, it might take a while. So, be patient.
- After the download completes, it will successfully restore your WhatsApp data and will bring you to the dashboard.
- You can see all your contacts, groups, and messages got restored.
This is the case if you have deleted your account in the past few days. If you have a local backup of the WhatsApp and wanted to restore it from it, follow the steps given below.
- You manual backup might be named in the format “messageStore-YYYY-MM-DD.1.db.crypt, in the folder /device/misc/whatsapp/backup.
- Rename this file as “messageStore-YYYY-MM-DD.1.db.crypt.current” to avoid confusions during the restoration process. And also replace the “YYYY-MM-DD” with the most recent date.
- Now, install WhatsApp and Open it.
- When it asks for the restore tap on the “Restore” button.
- Now, WhatsApp will restore all your data in the selected backup.
Either you chose the first method or the second one, you now have all your WhatsApp data restored. Which means, you have successfully reactivated WhatsApp.