Incognito Mode in Google Chrome is very useful in many aspects. It hides all the user browsing data including browsing history, cookies, download history, etc. as well as protecting you from being tracked by websites and services. If you even wanted to turn on the Incognito mode in Chrome, just pressing Control+Shift+N for Windows and Linux, Command+Shift+N for OS X from the chrome would have done the magic. But, what about if you want to launch Chrome directly in Incognito mode? So that you don’t have to repeat the process everytime when you need the Incognito window.
In this article, we are going to provide a useful method to open Google Chrome in Incognito window without having to press any shortcuts. We simply create a shortcut on your desktop for the Incognito mode separated from the normal mode. You just have to follow the instructions given below, in order to successfully create an Incognito mode shortcut for the Chrome. Have a look.
How to Launch Chrome Directly in Incognito Mode
Most of you might already have a Chrome shortcut on your desktop. If you don’ have one, create a shortcut on the desktop. After having a shortcut, begin the process.
- Copy the Chrome shortcut and name it whatever you want.
- Right-click on the Chrome shortcut.
- Select Properties from the context menu.
- Navigate to the Shortcut tab.
- Now, you have to type “-incognito” without quotes to the end of the Chrome shortcut’s Target path, outside the quotation marks. If you are using the 32-bit Chrome version installed in the default location, you can just copy-paste the following line and replace the existing text.
"C:\Program Files (x86)\Google\Chrome\Application\chrome.exe" -incognito
- Press OK to save the changes.
- Now, if you open the newly created shortcut, it will open the Incognito screen of the chrome. It is recommended to rename it to determine between the original and incognito versions. You could also change the icon of the shortcut to find it easily.
Now you have successfully created a separate incognito shortcut for the chrome. You could use it anytime to directly open the incognito browser window of your browser. The method is personally tested by our staff members and confirmed as working perfectly without any problems. We will be also writing the incognito shortcut methods for other browsers like Firefox, Safari, Opera, etc. in the coming days. So, if you are seeking for any one of them, be sure to stay tuned to the published articles.
Also, if you have any doubts or problems on the process, feel free to leave us a message in the following comment section. We will be more than happy to assist you as soon as possible.