Enable Google Chrome Extensions in Incognito
In our previous articles, we already discussed Incognito mode in all browsers and uses. Incognito mode allows you to browse the web securely by not allowing to store cookies and search queries.
Google Chrome is a user-friendly modern browser from Google. You can launch Chrome directly in Incognito mode for time-saving. But unfortunately, the Chrome will disable all your installed extensions, because Chrome does not want to track your information from extensions.
Some extensions will track your location and data to provide better results, for example, shopping extensions will track your location and browsing history to show the related and money saving discounts. It is the main reason for disabling extensions in Incognito mode.
For example, ad disabling extensions like Ublock Origin and Adblocker are must for every browsing session. These also will not work in Incognito mode, it is pretty painful browsing without ad blockers. And also there are many reasons for allowing extensions in Incognito mode. If you are one of them, who want extensions in Incognito mode this article is for you.
Activate Chrome Extensions in Incognito Mode
If you want any extension, enable while in Incognito mode, follow the below steps.
- Launch Google Chrome and click on the three dots menu at the top right corner of the window.
- Here in the drop down menu select “More Tools” and then Extensions.
- Clicking on the extensions option will open the Extension Manager, here you will see all the installed extensions.
- Now go to your desired extension you want to enable in Incognito and click on the “Allow in Incognito” option.
- Now launch Google Chrome in Incognito mode, and you will see your desired extension working in Incognito.
Note: Google Chrome will display a warning message for some extensions that it cannot prevent extensions from recording your browser history. Make sure to enable trustworthy extensions only and check extension log and complete details while allowing.
Conclusion of Enabling Extensions in Incognito
It is pretty simple to allow a favorite extension even in Incognito mode. Please comment your views and feedback in the below comment box.