Google Assistant was released in 2016 by Google. This system app is one that serves as a virtual assistant for various mobile and smart devices developed by Google. Before Google Assistant came on board, we had Google Now, a virtual assistant that was unable to engage in two-way conversations – You could only talk to it. Previously, the Google Assistant was compatible with only Google devices. But now, it can work with the Apple devices like iPhone and iPad running iOS.
The Google Assistant is able to search through the user’s device, surf the internet, identify and gather information through the camera. Another amazing feature of Google Assistant is that it can send money to workers and loved ones, and even carry out purchases on the internet. Everyone agrees that speaking to your smartphone and getting things done is amazing. Google Assistant is a great alternative to Siri and Cortana if you do not live them.
Activating Google Assistant on my iPhone and iPad
I’m sure you can’t wait to set up Google Assistant and receive the response to your queries faster than ever before. The following is a step-by-step procedure on how to set up your virtual assistant and get it working on your Apple devices. Google states that every user of this software must be 17 years or older, and this app only works on phones with an operating system of iOS 9.1 or above.
- Download the application “Google Assistant” on your iOS device from the app store.
- Launch: After successfully launching the software on your device, it would request for your Google account. If you do not have a Google account, you should open one. Signing up for an account is a short and easy procedure.
- Permission: For the artificial intelligence (AI) powered app to work on your phone and perform in its maximum capacity, you have to grant it permission to access your device features such as Location History, Digital Camera, Web & App Activity, Voice & Audio Activity, etc.
- Turn on Notifications: This is only necessary if you want to remain updated about Google development, more features, and offers for your Google Assistant. You can turn it off if you don’t want it.
- Microphone: The Google Assistant would ask to access your microphone. If you want to speak to your assistant, you should tap the OK pop up. That’s where all the fun lies.
After setting up your Assistant, you have to try to use it to confirm if it truly works.
- Open the application and tap the small microphone button at the bottom of your screen.
- Ask whatever questions you have and listen for a response.
Activating Google Assistant on my Android
It is very much easier to activate the Google Assistant on Android phones because it has already been built in. For you to activate the assistant successfully on your phone, you must be using a phone that supports Google Assistant and is signed into your Google account.
- Long press the device home button. This will take you to your personal Google Assistant screen.
- Click “Next” in the screen and then “Continue” to grant permissions to your Google Assistant.
- If you want to configure voice activation, Google will recognize and save your voice when you repeat “OK Google”.
Always remember that using Google Assistant is just a few clicks away. It can help you send text messages, make dinner reservations, find your favorite boutique, etc. within a matter of few words. So, make your life easier with the Google Assistant.