We all have computers these days, and they are quite useful in our daily life. However, not everyone is a computer expert. Most of the people out there know to operate computers according to their needs. But sometimes there are some faulty things that happen with computers. And, we can’t figure out how to handle and solve that particular problem.
For instance, if you are using a computer and you have various files on a specific folder. Let us suppose there are many text documents on a folder and you want to delete all the text documents from that folder at once. That might sometimes feel annoying to the users to select each and every file one by one and delete them. You will learn an easy way to do that.
So, if you are someone who has a lot of files on some folder and want to delete a particular type of files, this Article will help you.
How to Delete all particular files inside a folder in Windows 10
Instead of selecting the files one by one and then deleting them, there is an easy way as well. You can delete the same type of files in a few steps using the command prompt.
How to Delete files with the same extension:
Let’s say we want to delete all the text documents ‘.txt’ from a specific folder. To do so, follow all the steps given below properly:
- For the following steps, we will need command prompt to proceed.
- Firstly, navigate to the specific folder, where the files are stored.
- Once you open the specific folder, you will need to open the command prompt in that folder.
- To open the command prompt, Click on the address bar, and at the place of the path, type “cmd”. Then, hit Enter.
- This will open a command prompt in the specific folder.
- Another way to open the command prompt is that, go to the specific folder. Now, Hold down the ‘Shift’ key, and press the right mouse button. Now, a menu will open, select “Open Command Prompt here”.
- As you are in the command prompt now, write the command “DEL *.txt”. And this will delete all the text documents from that folder.
How to Delete files with same string names:
If you want to delete all the files having the same names but different extensions, follow the steps properly:
- Navigate to the specific folder and copy the path.
- Now open a command prompt and paste the copied location.
- If you want to delete all files with name, let us suppose, “file_name”.
- In the command prompt, type “DEL file_name*”.
This will delete all the files which have “file_name” in the string.
How to Delete files having same string name and particular extension:
Lets us suppose, we need to delete all file which has “file_name” in the string and have the extension ‘.txt’.
- Open the specific folder in which the files are stored.
- Now, open the command prompt in that folder.
- Type the following command, “DEL file_name*.txt”.
This will delete all the files which have “file_name” in the string and has the extension ‘.txt’.
We hope that you have found this Article helpful. If so, please share this Article with your friends and family, and on social media as well. In case you have any queries, feel free to ask us in the comment section below.