As we all use computers in today’s life. It is obvious that we download lots of files on our systems. Since all the downloads are stored in the same folder, it can fill up a lot of space and make your computer slower. With time, the downloads number increases and all the files pile up at the same place.
This can be annoying to find the important files sometimes. Because the downloads folder has lots of files that are of no use. So, it becomes necessary to clean up the folder and arrange thing in a well manageable manner.
Generally, we transfer the files to a different folder to clean up things in the downloads folder. But, what if Windows itself do it for you? Yes, that is possible as well as amazing at the same time. Windows has an inbuilt feature which Microsoft calls storage sense. But how Storage sense works?
Basically, Windows allows you to choose an option in which the downloads folder automatically cleans files after 30 days. This is a handy feature as it cleans up the storage space as well as manages the files accordingly.
In this article, you will learn how you can auto-delete files in the Downloads folder.
How to auto delete Files in the Downloads folder in Windows 10:
In order to opt for the auto-deletion service, please follow the steps given below properly.
- In the Windows 10 taskbar, search for ‘Settings’.
- Now open ‘Settings’.
- Inside the Settings window, look for ‘System’, and click on it.
- In the next window, look out for ‘Storage’ in the left-hand side menu, and open it.
- There you’ll see, in blue color, “Change how we free up space automatically”.
- You will find a field with name “Temporary Files”.
- Under that section, check the option which says, “Delete files in the Downloads folder that haven’t changed in 30 days”.
That’s it. Since you have gone through the process, Windows will now auto-delete the files in the Downloads folder that have not changed in 30 days. This is a very handy feature as it saves a lot of time and space on your computer’s hard disk.
We hope that you have found this article useful. If you liked reading the article, please share it with your friends and family. Also, share it on social media as well. In case you have any queries, feel free to ask us in the comments section below.