Usually, alternatives to the Apple App store requires jailbreak process which is not advisable to normal users. Jailbreaking needs technical knowledge to apply the process on the device and sometimes the device may brick. However, a developer Riley Testut created an alternative to the Apple App store which doesn’t require a jailbreak in order to work.
Altstore is a new app store available for both iPhone and iPad users to download apps without jailbreaking. It simply works by fooling your device that you are a developer sideloading apps to test. Altstore is available in preview form and you can test its performance before its official launch. In this article, you will know how to install Altstore on your iPhone or iPad easily.
How to install AltStore on your iPhone or iPad
Before going to start the AltStore installing procedure, you need to uninstall the Windows Store version of iTunes from your Windows machine and install the latest iTunes from Apple’s official website. Altstore is available for both Windows and Mac platforms.
- Download the preview version of Altstore from the official website and install the application.
- Now connect your iPhone or iPad to the PC or Mac using the USB cable.
- Now, run the Altserver on your machine and choose “Install Altstore”
- Here, you will need to select your device.
- Here, you will need to add your Apple ID account details.
- Once you add credentials, the AltStore will install its app on your iPhone or iPad.
- To allow new app installations, you need to authorize the app in device settings.
- Go to iPhone or iPad Settings-> General -> Device Management.
- Now open the AltStore app on your device and log in with the same Apple credentials you used at step 6.
That’s it. Now you will have a fully functional alternative Apple App store on your device. I tested the app personally and it seems working as promised. However, this is an early statement about the usage of AltStore. We keep you informed about the latest news about AltStore guides, issues, and bug fixes.