Windows 10 has a feature to share its printer access to other devices. It is a pretty useful feature to print the documents, images from devices in the same network. However, it has some own disadvantages as well. If you don’t want other users to give access to your printer to print documents then you can disable the access.
Disabling file and printer sharing in Windows 10 is a pretty simple process and no brainer.
How to Disable File and Printer sharing in windows 10
Follow the below procedure to turn on or off the Files and printer access on Windows 10.
- Open the command prompt from the Windows search by typing “cmd“.
- Now type the following command in the command prompt to open “Network and Sharing” into the Control Panel.
Control.exe /name Microsoft.NetworkAndSharingCenter
- After hitting the enter in cmd, it will open the “Network and Sharing” option directly in the control panel.
- Now click on ‘Change advanced sharing settings’ from the left menu.
- Now it will show the different network profiles and here click on the current profile.
- Here you will see two options for “File and Printer Sharing” and select the one option according to your preference.
1. Turn On file and printer sharing.
2. Turn Off file and printer sharing.
- Both options let you on/off the file and printer sharing option in Windows 10.
If the option is “On” and you want to turn off the File and Printer sharing, just click on the Turn off the option to stop giving access to others. If the option is “off” by default, you can turn on the access by selecting “Turn On file and printer sharing” in the above options.
Changing the settings in Windows 10 is very easy and anyone can tweak the options. From the above method, you can on/off the File and Printer sharing options easily.