WEBP format is developed by none other than Google and it is largely used on Google-related services. If you visit the Google Play store and try to save the app screenshots on the computer then it will be saved as WEBP format.
If you compare with popular image formats like JPG and PNG, WEBP format is a rarely used format. Also, it is supported by lesser software to view, edit and save the files on the computer. If you are struggling to view, edit, or save the WEBP format, this article will help you.
How to convert WEBP images to JPG or PNG
There are plenty of websites are supporting and WEBP files. These are the best services to convert WEBP images to JPG or PNG formats.
Method 1: Using online converters
- Visit ezgif website and upload the WEBP file you want to convert.
- Once you upload successfully it will show the list of editing option above the image.
- Now, click on the either JPG or PNG option to save them on your computer.
2. Google Squoosh
Google squoosh is a website which supports WEBP to other formats conversion and it is interestingly owned by Google.
- Open Squoosh and drag and drop the WEBP image.
- Instantly, the site opens a new screen with editing tools.
- Here you can do editing of the WEBP image as per your requirement.
- Next, click at the bottom left corner of the screen to download the image to JPG or PNG formats.
Method 2: Using Softwares
The above methods are for those who are having an active Internet connection on Windows 10 PC. You need to have the Internet in order to convert WEBP files. In this method, we are using offline options aka software to do the task.
Microsoft Paint is a built-in tool comes in every Windows 10 systems. Fortunately, Paint supports WEBP formats and it allows viewing, editing and saving options.
- Open it on windows by typing “Paint” at Windows search box.
- After opening the program, import the WEBP image by navigating File->Open.
- Then click File->Save as options.
- Here you will get a list of common formats to save the image file.
- Select the desired format and save the file.
That’s it. These are the best methods to convert WEBP image to JPG, PNG and other available formats. Let us know your feedback in the comment section below.