At times, it’s much more convenient connecting the printers to your wireless network rather than using a wire to connect it to every Wifi device you own. Apart from that, it isn’t possible to print something from your mobile device unless your printer has some advanced ports to take it in. So, in this article, we are going to talk about the steps you need to connect your HP printer to any Wifi device that you own. So, you could enjoy wireless printing on the go without the hassle of numerous wires going left and right on the floor.
Connect HP Printer to your Wifi
There are a couple of ways that you can follow to connect your HP printer with the Wifi you have. We are going to list them one by one so that you could follow them to get it done. Make sure that you follow the methods in the same order to avoid missing easier methods.
1. Using HP Auto Wireless Connect
HP Wireless Connect is a software that does the job automatically for you. You just have to download the tool and install it on the PC where the printer is connected and follow the instructions. In order to do that, follow these steps.
- Go to the HP driver downloads page.
- Search for your printer and download it by selecting your OS version.
- Install the software and open it. Make sure that your printer is connected.
- Choose Ethernet/Wireless > Wireless as your connection type.
- Click Yes, send my wireless settings to the printer (recommended) button.
- That’s it. It will take some time and connect your computer to the printer via Wifi.
2. Using WPS Push Button
If your printer and the router supports the WPS connection, it is a piece of cake connecting both of them together via Wifi. All you need to do is pushing the WPS button on your printer and within the next 2 minutes, do the same on the router. The router will automatically detect the printer and connect to it. If you do not have a push button on your printer or router doesn’t support that, you have to try other methods.
3. Using the HP Wireless Setup Wizard
If both of the above methods doesn’t work for you, you can take advantage of the Wireless setup wizard on the HP printer. Here is how to do it.
- Turn on the printer.
- Unplug every cable (USB, Network cable, etc.) from your printer except the power cord.
- Go to the control panel of your printer.
- Tap the wireless icon (if shown) or just go to the Network menu.
- Select the Wireless Settings option.
- Choose Wireless Setup Wizard.
- Follow the Wizard instructions.
That’s all, if you successfully complete the setup wizard, your HP printer will be connected to Wifi.