Canon is one of the most popular printer manufactures out there. So, you probably own one and want to connect it to your Wifi network. Whether it is your home or office, connecting your printer to the Wifi would save a lot of work and won’t make a mess with numerous cables floating around. So, it is much convenient using your Wifi network to connect to your printer instead of going for the connection to all the devices the traditional way using the cables. If you happen to have a Canon printer with you (which is why you are here), here are the steps you should follow in order to enjoy wireless printing and access on your devices.
Connect Canon Printer to your Wifi
- First of all, you have to turn on your Canon printer by pressing the Power button.
- Now, you have to press the Settings button to display the printer settings.
- Then press the arrow button.
- After pointing to the Device settings, press OK.
- Go to the LAN Settings and press OK.
- Using the arrow button go to wireless LAN setup, and press OK. As soon as you do that, the printer will start searching for any available Wifi networks nearby. You can see the light blinking during the Wifi search.
- As soon as the Wifi network is detected, choose the network that you want to connect to and press OK.
- It will ask you for the password (if your network has one.) Enter the password and press OK. 1 on the screen indicates it is now in a numeric state. Press * to switch it to uppercase (Enter the passphrase :A) and lowercase (Enter the passphrase :a) based on your current Wifi password.
- Finally, press OK and the screen will notify you that it is Connected.
That’s it, you have successfully connected your Canon printer to your Wifi network. You can add the printer to your OS, either Windows or macOS to get it working.