Knowing how to set a profile picture on Zoom can make you look more professional when in Zoom Meeting with remote clients. As we all have started our daily routine with video conferencing while working remotely, it is essential to know even minor things like setting a zoom display picture.
Many times there is no need for video so you can continue with audio conversations and instead of your video, your name initials show up. Suppose if your name is Kevin Kalus, it will show up as KK which isn’t quite fascinating. To deal with this, you are better off with a Zoom profile picture, and we are going to show you how to set one. So let’s get started.
Add Zoom Profile Picture
Zoom allows you to add or update your profile picture only from its website. You cannot directly edit or add via Desktop or Mobile client.
- Log-in to your Zoom account on its official website.
- After signing in, click on your profile picture on the top right corner and select the first option where your name and email address is mentioned.
- Alternatively, you can directly follow this link to open the Zoom profile.
- In the first section where your display picture is shown, click on change to enable the edit options.
- Now a prompt to change the profile picture will appear. Click on the upload button and select your desired image and click on open.
Your desired profile picture will be set on your Zoom profile. Now while you hide your video, the pic you just uploaded will be displayed. Refresh the page to see the visible changes. If you are not satisfied with how it is shown, you can always choose to delete the picture.
Make sure that you choose a file that is less or equal to 2MB. Also make sure that it is PNG, JPG/JPEG, or a GIF file. Furthermore, you can change your display name, email address and other information related to your account from the profile page by clicking on the edit option.
Change Zoom Profile picture during a Meeting
Occasionally, you might want to change your display picture while you are in a Zoom meeting. To do this, just turn off your video and right-click on the video preview and select edit profile picture. It will take you to the Zoom web, and from there you can follow the steps mentioned in the previous section to Add Zoom Profile Picture.
By doing this, your Zoom profile picture will be changed in real-time while in a Zoom call. But, this may or may not happen as per the settings of the Zoom meeting. If your host has enabled Hide participant profile pictures in a meeting option, then only names will be displayed for the individuals who choose to turn off their video.
Change Google Account Profile Picture
While signing up on zoom, you get four options which are Signing in with email, Sign in with SSO, Facebook and Google. If you have chosen to sign up via google option, then you can only edit or change your default profile picture which is set on google account. You cannot delete or remove the default display picture, but you can always choose to change the default one by changing it on your google profile.
- Sign in to your Gmail account.
- Click on the Settings option on the top the right corner and select See all settings.
- On the left side panel, click on the “Personal Info“.
- Alternatively, you can directly go to your About me section from this link.
- Now, you can set the profile pic by clicking on the image.
- After that in Profile picture settings, select Add profile picture.
- Upload an image or select it from your photos. Now click on Set as a profile photo.
After following these steps, it might take a while for the changes to reflect in your Zoom account. You can log-out and re-login on Zoom web with a google account to see changes instantly.
Change Zoom profile picture according to the meeting tone. If you are video calling to get in touch with loved ones, then you can choose something casual and change it to a professional picture before a zoom meeting with your colleagues at work. Do share your thoughts on selecting the best profile photo for Zoom in the comments section below.