So you got that brand new little monster. Can’t wait to set it up, but don’t know how? No worries, we are here to help. We will be looking into the complete setup from assembling the PlayStation 5 to playing your first game on it. Take out your PS5 and come along. Let’s set it up.
1. Assemble the PS5
Before start setting up the PS5, it is a good idea to put the stand on it. Whether you are planning to place it vertically or horizontally, you can attach the stand to avoid any accidental scratches and stuff.
Attach the Stand Horizontally
If you are planning to place your PS5 horizontally, it is pretty easy to attach the stand. This is how you can attach the PS5 stand to the console in a horizontal position.
- Just take the stand from the box.
- You will see a series of Square, Triangle, Circle, and X patterns at the bottom layer.
- Now attach the hooks on the stand aligning correctly to the squares on both sides and gently push it.
- That’s it, you have successfully attached the PS5 stand.
Attach the Stand Vertically
Attaching the stand to the PS5 if you are planning to place it horizontally takes a bit more effort. This is how you can connect the PS5 stand to the vertically placed console.
- Take your stand out of the box.
- Underneath the PS5, you will see a circle (at the center) that you can take off to attach the screws. Take it off.
- Rotate the stand in opposite directions until it makes a clicking sound. Underneath the stand, you should see a container with a screw.
- Take the screw off of the container.
- Now, place the circle plastic part that we removed from the PS5 to the circle section inside the container on the stand where the screw belonged. It is to safely keep that part when you later need it.
- Place your PS5 vertically on the table (as the bottom part is visible to you to proceed to attach the stand).
- Now, take the stand and slide the hooks in below the power port on the backside of the console. Now the hole on the stand will be aligned to the hole in the PS5 for screwing it in.
- Insert the screw and tighten it.
- That’s it. Your PS5 stand is attached to the console.
There is nothing else to do in the assembling part apart from attaching your stand properly. Place it vertically or horizontally as you prefer next to the monitor that we are going to use in the following steps.
2. Setup the PS5
It is time to connect your PS5 to the monitor/TV to start setting it up. We also have to connect the controller to the console as well as attaching the power cords. These are the steps to setup PS5.
1. Connect the PS5
Before you can start playing the games, you have to make your console work by providing it power and a screen where it can display the content.
- Connect the PS5 to the power outlet using the power cords included with it.
- Use the HDMI cable to connect it to the screen of your preference. You should connect it to the HDMI 2.1 port if you want to get 4K quality (your monitor should support it.)
- Connect your PS5 to the internet using an Ethernet cable. If you are going to use Wi-Fi, you can skip this step for now.
- Now, you are ready to turn on the console. Press the power button to turn it on.
2. Set it up
Now, your PS5 is turned on. We have to connect the controller and start setting it up.
- Connect your PS5 controller to the back of the console using the USB cable.
- Tap the PS5 button in the middle of the controller.
- It will ask you to choose the language. Choose the preferred language and press X.
- Connect the console to Wi-Fi or choose a network. If you do not want to connect to the internet, you can simply skip it. If you choose Wi-Fi, provide the password and connect.
- Choose the correct display settings using the D-Pad keys on the controller. As soon as you are happy with it, press X to confirm.
- Also, adjust the HDR settings.
- You may also install a game using a disc during the setup. It will allow you to play something as soon as the setup is completed. So, if you are eager to play games, you may choose to insert a game disc and install it.
- In the next step, choose the preferred power option. It is a good idea to use the Optimized Experience if you do not care much about power usage and want your games to be up-to-date, also to play games remotely.
- Agree to their license agreement by pressing X.
- Update the console if you are connected to the internet and follow the on-screen instructions. You may skip it if you prefer not to do it now.
- After completing the updates, enter your PSN ID and details to sign in to your account. New users can create a PlayStation account following the steps given on the PlayStation website.
- Also, be sure to choose your PSN privacy settings based on your preferences. It will also ask you to share anonymous data with Sony to improve their service, accept if you don’t mind, or skip it.
- On the next screen, choose which media applications such as YouTube, Netflix, Disney+ that you want to install on your PS5.
- The next step will allow you to transfer data from your PS4 on the same network to your new PS5. If you have a PS4 and want to transfer data, follow the on-screen instructions by tapping “Continue.” If not, just press Do This Later.
- As soon as you complete the process, PS5 will automatically restart. After the device restarts, you can start using your brand new console. Happy gaming.
You may start purchasing games from the PlayStation Store and installing it using your network connection. If you have game CDs you might need the PS5, not the Digital Edition. Enjoy gaming on your new PlayStation.