Steam API DLL missing error is a most commonly occurring error for Steam players. This error will come due to the missing file of Steam API in the DLL files library.
This is a quite annoying error for serious Steam gamers online. This error appears when a user launches the Steam app and it will show the error. The reason is Steam has communication error with the steam_api.dll.
You may get these messages on your computer.
- steam_api.dll Access Violation
- Cannot register steam_api.dll
- steam_api.dll is missing
- steam_api.dll error loading
- steam_api.dll was not found
- steam_api.dll crash
- steam_api.dll could not be located
- Cannot find steam_api.dll
- the procedure entry point steam_api.dll
No need to panic when you get this error. You have a straightforward solution to solve the Steam API DLL missing error. Here is the solution to follow.
- Open Google Chrome and open the dll-files website on your computer.
- Now, you will see the exact DLL file to download.
- Click on the result to proceed.
- Here, scroll down to the Window and you will see a list of downloading options.
- Depending on your system architecture, 32-Bit or 64-Bit download the suitable file.
- It will download as a zip file and open the zip file to extract on your computer.
- Extract the DLL-file to a location on your computer.
- Now open the file explorer on your PC and go to C-drive.
- Here, go to the Windows folder.
- Double-click on SysWOW64 folder to open and, now open System 32 folder.
Here are default DLL file locations in Windows 95/98/NT/2000/XP/Vista/7/8/8.1/10.
C:\Windows\System (Windows 95/98/Me),
C:\WINNT\System32 (Windows NT/2000), or
C:\Windows\System32 (Windows XP, Vista, 7, 8, 8.1, 10).
- Now, copy steam_api.dll from the Downloads folder to the System32 folder.
- Click on the Continue button in the prompt to continue with the copying.
Alternatively, you can follow our detailed guide for installing DLL files manually on Windows.
That’s it. In this way, you can fix the Steam API DLL missing error in Windows 10.
Let us know your experience while fixing the error in the comment section below.