You might be familiar with the Airplane mode on your smartphone. It is no different on Windows as well. It simply prevents any wireless communication such as connecting to the internet, turning on Bluetooth, GPS, NFC, etc. If you want to turn on the Airplane mode while traveling, or just want to turn it off, you can follow the steps given in this article.
Steps to Turn Windows 10 Airplane Mode ON/OFF
- Click on the Network icon at the bottom right corner of your taskbar.
- Simply click on the Airplane Mode.
If it was turned on, clicking on it will simply turn it off. If it was turned off, it will turn Airplane mode ON instead. You can simply click on the same icon for both actions. No fancy settings or steps, as simple as that.
Can’t Turn ON/OFF the Airplane Mode in Windows 10?
In some scenarios, due to several reasons, you may not be able to turn off the Airplane mode. Clicking vigorously on the icon may not help. Instead, calm down and follow these methods.
Simply Reboot the System
A simple restart can solve a lot of problems related to your operating system. If something is preventing the Airplane mode from getting turned OFF or ON, it may get resolved with a simple system restart. So, restart your PC and try again.
Turn off the Power Saving
Windows 10 has a lot of features that allow you to save power. But in some cases, it can cause issues as well. So, follow these steps to see if turning off the power saving helps to fix the issue.
- Type “Device Manager” in the menu search box.
- Click on the Device Manager option that shows up.
- Expand the Network adapters.
- Right-click on the network card. There can be multiple options, be sure to choose the right one.
- Click on Properties.
- Navigate to the Power Management tab.
- Uncheck the box Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power.
- Click OK to save the changes.
Turn on Radio Management Service
Some users also reported that turning on the radio management service fixed the issue. So, you can also make sure that the service is running properly on your PC.
- Type “Services” in the menu search.
- Click on the Services option that shows up.
- In the Services window, scroll down and find Radio Management Service.
- If it is not running, right-click on it and choose Start.
- Restart your computer.
Troubleshoot the problems
If you are still facing the issue and cannot turn off or turn on the Airplane mode in Windows 10, you can try troubleshooting the issue with the built-in Windows troubleshooter.
- Type “Troubleshoot” in the search bar.
- Click on Troubleshoot settings.
- It will take you to a screen where there are several troubleshooting methods. We would recommend running both Network Adapter and Incoming Connections troubleshooting processes following the on-screen instructions after clicking them.