— Elon Musk (@elonmusk) January 7, 2021
What makes Signal special?
Signal – Private Messenger app is available for multiple platforms like WhatsApp and other messaging apps. It is an encrypted messaging service which uses one-to-one and group messaging service. It is available for Android, iPhone, iPad, Windows, Mac and Linux.
Words from Developer
State-of-the-art end-to-end encryption (powered by the open-source Signal Protocol) keeps your conversations secure. We can’t read your messages or listen to your calls, and no one else can either. Privacy isn’t an optional mode — it’s just the way that Signal works. Every message, every call, every time.
How to use the Signal app for messaging?
Just like every other app installation, Signal takes a few seconds time to install on your device.
- Download and install the app on your device.
- Now, enter your mobile number to get started. You will get an OTP to authenticate the app. Once you verify the code, tap on Submit.
- After the above step, it asks you yo enter your details like name and surname.
- Next, create the PIN number and tap on next.
- That’s it. Now you will have a fully working Signal app on your device.
Android users have the additional advantage of using Signal for both encrypted messaging and SMS service.
How to compose a message on Signal?
To compose a new message on Signal, follow the below steps.
- Open the Signal app on your device.
- Now, tap on the pencil icon on the home screen. Or you can alternatively use the three-dot menu on the screen to compose a new message.
- Here, select the contact to create a conversation.
How to create a group on Signal?
Creating a group on Signal is a simple process. On the home screen of the Signal app, you will see a “New group” option. Just tap on the option to create a new group.
Signal users can make encrypted calls to contacts without any hassle or any privacy leak issue. Trusted by millions, Signal is a worthy app to try and it is the best alternative to the WhatsApp.
Let us know your valuable feedback in the comment section below.