When you upgrade a new phone, there are plenty of things you need to take care of. Mostly users worry about transferring existing data to the new device. One of the most important things is migrating important conversations in the messenger app to a new device. One such important and popular messenger app we are using these days is Signal. It is a very popular messaging app with robust security and privacy features. If you are struggling to transfer Signal data to your new iPhone, then you are in the correct place.
In this article, we will know how to transfer your Signal account to a new iPhone securely.
As we know Signal is a privacy-oriented app, you may worry about transferring the private data between two devices using a third-party tool. Signal has its own migration tool which is secured and safe for the data transfer.
How to Transfer Your Signal Account to a New iPhone?
- Install the Signal app on your new iPhone or other iOS devices.
- Now, follow the onscreen instructions to register and verify your phone number in the app on the new device. Or you can follow our Signal set up guide for more details.
- After successful account setup, tap “Transfer from iOS Device” and a QR code will pop-up on the screen.
- Now, open Signal on your old device. You will receive a notification about moving your data over to your new device.
- Confirm the message when you are ready to begin and scan the QR code using the old device.
- Once the transfer initiated, wait for some time to complete.
- After the transfer is over, now you can access all the Signal data on your new iPhone.
That’s it. The Signal app data migration between old and new iOS devices is a pretty easy process. All you need is have both devices together for easy data migration.
Let us know your valuable feedback in the comment section below.