Microsoft Windows 10 provides some great ways to secure your computer from unauthorized access. One of them is a PIN. Instead of typing a long, strong password, you can simply use a PIN just like on a smartphone. This way, you can log in to your device as quickly as possible while providing it a moderate level of security. If you do not use your computer to store extremely important information regarding your business or similar, a PIN is more than enough to secure it. So, it is quite possible that you also set up one on your Windows 10 PC.
But sometimes, you might set it and realize that you no longer need it to be active on your device. In that case, you can simply remove it. In this article, we are going to take a look at a simple way to remove the login PIN on Windows 10 computer.
Steps to Remove PIN from Windows 10
- Open Settings from your Start Menu.
- Go to the Accounts option.
- Click on the Sign-in options.
- There you will see an option Windows Hello PIN. Click on it.
- Then, click on the Remove button.
- It will ask you to confirm the action. Click Remove again.
- Verify the password when asked.
- That’s it. Your PIN will be removed instantly and Windows will no longer ask for it when starting up your computer.
If you forgot your current PIN, you will have a couple more steps to complete instead of clicking on the Remove button.
- Tap on I forgot my PIN.
- Now, click the Continue button.
- Leave the PIN empty.
- Then click on Cancel.
You may be asked to log in to your Microsoft account. So, if you haven’t already, be sure to login. It may also ask you to verify the password of your account.
That’s it. As easy as that. The PIN on your Windows 10 is now removed. You can enable the PIN again any time you feel like it.