TeamViewer is a very popular program for making desktop remote connections. It will let you access any system remotely from anywhere in the world. It is complete freeware for personal use and a commercial version is available for work purposes.
In the initial run of the program, TeamViewer asks your purpose of use. Depending on the usage, the user must opt for an option either personal use or commercial use.
There is an issue that comes when you opt for the TeamViewer for personal use and if you use it for commercial purposes, it will start showing a pop-up message saying the app has detected the commercial use and will stop the service.
Instantly after showing this message, TeamViewer will terminate the current sessions and won’t allow starting a new remote session. To solve this issue, follow the below steps.
1. Method 1-Uninstall and reinstall the program
Installing and reinstalling the TeamViewer is a simple process. If you are getting a “Commercial use detected” message on your PC, just uninstall the TeamViewer and reinstall using a fresh copy of the program. To uninstall the TeamViewer, follow the below steps.
- Open “Control Panel” on your PC by typing the control panel in the start menu.
- Now, select TeamViewer from the list of installed apps.
- Click the Uninstall button.
- Now, Win+R keyboard shortcut to open the run box.
- Here, enter
regeditand tap the Enter key.
- Now, go to this key path:
- Here, right-click the TeamViewer key and select Delete from the context menu.
- Now, go to this key:
- Delete the TeamViewer.
- Again open, the Win+R keyboard shortcut to open the run box.
%appdata%in the run box by tapping enter key.
- Now, delete the TeamViewer folder.
- Now, open the run box again with the Win+R keyboard shortcut and enter
%temp%in the run box.
- Here in the Temp folder, delete the folder named TeamViewer.
- Now restart the system.
After a successful restart, download a fresh copy of TeamViewer from the official website and install it on your PC.
2. Method 2- Change the Mac address
Especially for Internet-related software, they identify their Mac address. If the TeamViewer commercial use is detected in Windows 10 then it has the chance of program servers detected the system Mac address and blocked usage. You can easily fix the issue by changing the Mac address on your computer.
- Open Device Manager by searching the Start Menu.
- Expand Network Adapters.
- Now, double-click the network controller and go to the Advanced tab.
- In the Property column, select Network Address.
- Here, in the Value box, enter a new MAC address.
- Click on Apply and restart the system.
By using the above methods, you can easily solve TeamViewer commercial license is detected error on Windows system. If you still facing the error even trying the above steps, contact customer care and they will take care of the issue.