Once you connect your printer to Windows 10 it will automatically run and print in a few minutes. However, in some cases, you may face unexpected errors on your Epson printer.
If you are facing a 0x97 error on your Epson printer, then you are in the right place to solve the issues. In this article, we will discuss the fix for the same.
Step 1:Basic CheckList
Here are the things you should take care of before fixing the error.
- Make sure that the cable connection and power supply to your printer are secure.
- Check if the cables are not damaged and always make sure to use the original cable.
- Further, you have to check whether the surface on which the printer is placed. Please note that it is best to place it on a flat surface and there aren’t any open panels.
- Make sure no paper is jamming the printer, and that the tray is loaded.
- Also, make sure the tray is loaded.
- Finally, connect the printer to a new port on the same computer.
However, if you still encounter the error after making the above changes, try the below-mentioned fix.
Step 2: Run printer troubleshooter
In Windows 10 you will find a built-in troubleshooter for a printer that you have connected. Try to run it to solve your error.
Go to settings. Keyboard shortcut: Win+I
- Find the Update & Security feature.
- Click on the Troubleshoot tab.
- Go to Additional troubleshooters.
- Click on the Printer troubleshooter to run it.
- Make the changes that are recommended.
Step 3: Uninstall and reinstall the printer
If you are still facing the same issue try to uninstall and reinstall your printer on Windows 10.
- Go to settings. Keyboard shortcut: Win+I
- Click on Devices and then select the printers & scanners option available.
- Go to the Epson printer and select Remove device.
- Disconnect the printer.
- Shut down and restart the computer.
- unplug the printer after turning it off.
- Leave it that way for 2-3 minutes.
- Now Boot the computer back up.
- Finally, connect the printer again to the computer and wait for Windows to install it.
Wrapping it up:
Sometimes the primer installed on your computer may not be the latest version. Hence you should update the printer driver. Further, if you encounter the error, try physically cleaning your printer.