In 2018, October the new iPad Pro lineup debuted with A12X Bionic processor and FaceID. And now, Apple reportedly plans to launch two entry-level iPads in the first half of 2019. It includes a fifth-generation iPad mini and another entry-level iPad model.
It is a piece of big news for Apple iPad mini lovers, who are waiting for the refresh models of iPad mini line. Back in the past iPad mini 4 models are refreshed in September 2015. Which is a 4 years gap for a model redesign. Also, we are expecting the price will be much similar to the 2015 iPad Mini model with upgraded features.
Coming to the features, they are yet to be revealed along with launch news. The last year iPad Pro is launched with a Liquid Retina display, which is the same as we found in iPhone XR model. One major difference between the previous iPad Pro and this one is that you now have to navigate on it through gestures. This means you now have similar gestures to the iPhone X and Xs for the iPad Pro as well.
According to the sources, the order for Apple’s upcoming iPad models will jointly be handled by three firms. The Taiwan-based General Interface Solution will manufacture about 40 percent of the touch panels needed for the new iPad mini, while the remaining 60 percent of the touch panels will be jointly made by Taiwan-based TPK Holding and China-based O-film Technology.
In December 2018, China Times also mentioned that Apple is planning to launch the iPad Mini 5 in 2019. So we are hearing some strong rumors from industry-leading sources. We update the news as we get confirmation from Apple.
While Apple hasn’t made any official announcement yet, the company is known to plan special events around March to unveil its new iPad models.
What are your expectations in the new iPad Mini 5 model? Let us know your thoughts.